Just found this forum...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seruzies

New
Reaction score
I've been surfing around looking for forums like this to hook up with others who share the he11 of Epilepsy. After recently being put on Disability, and having serious memory troubles, I have started reaching out more on-line to meet others who know what I'm going through and see if we can share experiences. Just wanted to say hello to everyone, and hope to chat w/ you around the forum.

Hi Seruzies, welcome to the forum. :hello:

You'll find a lot of characters here. :mrt: Make yourself at home. :)

Welcome Seruzies! That is one right there -----^ :pfft:

I am here because my daughter has seizures. She is 15

Hi Seruzies: Welcome to the board! NIce meeting you

Looking forward to getting to know you!!!!!

Riva

:hello: Seruzies!
You know me as Southie from EF!

:D

Glad to have you over here! Make
yourself a home here too! You'll see
a lot of familiar faces here! And as
for the "hellish nightmares of memory
issues" - I can relate, and many others
can too. It's hideous!

Hi Seruzies!
Bernard thinks I'm one of the characters you'll meet here! Welcome! Tell us more about yourself. I had seizures that could not be controlled with drugs and then a brain surgery that didn't control them either. Finally, I learned to bring them under control without drugs and have been seizure free since July of 1998. Some of the things that helped stop the seizures were going on a gluten, lactose,and caffeine free diet. Learning self-hypnosis, slow breathing techniques, and yoga, also helped. You will find stuff here on the GARD diet which another member is finding helpful. It is also gluten free. Glad you found us!

Hi ya Seruzies :pop:

Characters? Moi? Surely you jest! :razz2:

:girl: I'm the original! The one and only......Besides, if it weren't for the humorous peculiarities of some of these "charaters", this place would be as dry as toast! :noevil:

I'm like butter. :banana:

The more the merrier! Welcome!

Hook, line and sinker, baby!
fishing.gif

Hi Seruzies!
Bernard thinks I'm one of the characters you'll meet here! Welcome! Tell us more about yourself. I had seizures that could not be controlled with drugs and then a brain surgery that didn't control them either. Finally, I learned to bring them under control without drugs and have been seizure free since July of 1998. Some of the things that helped stop the seizures were going on a gluten, lactose,and caffeine free diet. Learning self-hypnosis, slow breathing techniques, and yoga, also helped. You will find stuff here on the GARD diet which another member is finding helpful. It is also gluten free. Glad you found us!

Caffeine is probably something I'm most guilty of. I drink coffee in the mornings, and then switch to Coke Zero by lunch time. I've never had a Neuro say anything to me about it though. The only thing I was told to stop recently is smoking. I'll look into the GARD diet, and see if it's something that might work for me, if there is something I'm guilty of when it comes to food, is not eating enough. I am getting better about it though, rather than eating several small meals a day, I'm trying to make sure I eat 3 square meals a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom