Just need some reassurance.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Deb12345

New
Reaction score
Hello all, I just need some reassurance because I keep feeling very tired, light headed, giddy and very, very frightened because of this. Been feeling like this for a little while. I know it’s probably because I am in the process of changing tablets (and coming up to that time of the month), but the last time I felt like this it eventually brought on a full Tonic Clonic Seizure (Grand Mal) – after a couple of weeks (wasn't on any tablets at the time), which scares me so much. :cry: Work is beginning to get very stressful again which doesn’t help one bit (so much for lowering my work load etc.) and I don’t feel like doing / going out much. My boyfriend doesn’t really understand why. :( Night times still aren’t very good, neither and keep having night scares / terrors - that's what I call them.
I just need reassurance that nothing is going to happen and it is all to do with the tablet change / anxiety. I really don’t want to have to see my Neurologist before the appointment in January / February because I don’t want to make a big fuss out of probably nothing. The week EEG seems so far away and that will be between the 18th Jan 2010 to 22nd Jan 2010. When I get some results from that at least then hopefully it will put my mind at rest. I am just praying that all will come back fine.
Sorry for the long essay but just needed to let it all out. Thank you for reading. Night, night, from here in the UK.
Best Wishes
Debbie
:rose:

It is hard for others to understand, but you can always count on us to understand. How awful it is for stress to be such a trigger, yet how can we not stress when there's that sense of dread. I know after I have a seizure, it is heightened and almost takes over my life. I know I find a lot of comfort in prayer and listening to calming music...and talking to others here. We are always here for you and we do understand. Take care

Can you put your focus on positive thoughts? In the book Epilepsy: A New Approach, Adrienne Richard suggests a few ways to change your thought pattern, and/or using smells to divert an oncoming seizure.

I can't say that I understand the fear, yet I have had the fear from the other side, and had to learn to think positively, make changes where I can, and if Rebecca gets knocked off her feet, deal with it, and learn.

Debbie, there are a bunch of factors going on that could trigger a seizure. That time of the month, stress (a big one for me), lack of support, potential unemployment and a switch in meds...Wow.

Could the fear be an aura that preceeds a seizure? If not, the lack of sleep can also aggravate the epilepsy. This is a catch 22. Stress causes seizures. Seizures cause stress. And so on....the vicious cycle keeps going.

With holidays coming up soon, can you take time off from work prior to or in between holidays to recover before the eeg? In the US, we have medical leave and it's not exactly a vacation, but it does help take time off for medical reasons.

I totally agree with RobinN and Jgb. Music is my elixir and stress management are so important. I have that book as well. Not sure if you can order it over there or download it, but it's very informative.

As far as night sweats, did you ever have a sleep study done? Sometimes those of us with sleep apnea get them.

Back
Top Bottom