Mom of 7, here for support

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Sevenup

New
Reaction score
Hi,
I am really excited to have found this forum, I could spend all night in the library! There is such great info in there! :woot:
We live in NC and have 7 children that are 12 and under, three are adopted and have autism, and we homeschool. Our bio 4 yr old son has been dx with epilepsy since he was 15 mo, he has only been on meds the last 9mo when his most recent VEEG showed much activity, so hes on lamictal. His seemed food related for the first two years, when he also seemed to be starting to have Autism but those symptoms have turned around and infrequent grand mal's still persist.

Welcome on CWE mom of 7. Seven, wow, you must have a busy life.
I'm a mom of 3, my elderst son (age 9 almost 10) is a special needs kid with E. (LGS) and my twin boy and girl are 5 (almost 6) now. Thought we had a busy family. ;) Issues concerning kids and being a parent of a kid with E. you can discuss in the Nursery, Bernard has built it recently in our home.

Good Morning mom of 7,

You sound like you have your hands full! Tremendous that you have such a large family! I commend you! Has your epi doc given you any information on dietary interventions such as Keto? If you have any questions on that I'd be happy to help you with it.

My daughter, 8yo Rachel, was had onset of epilepsy march 06. She failed all the meds, had a grid surgery and 2 resections of the L. Temporal Lobe, Hippocampus and Amygdala. All this failed, then in Nov. 07 we tried Keto. That really did the trick and she's been sz free for over a year. We are currently weaning off of the last AED and as of next Tuesday she'll be med free too.

God Bless You,

Ann

Hi sevenup! Welcome to CWE. :) Feel free to ask questions, chime in, or just vent when needed. The library here has some great info. Seven! Wow!....I'm getting ready to have my first...I can only imagine what seven is like. :)

Very cute screen name.
Welcome Sevenup, and bless you for taking on this challenging roll. You are definitely your children's angel.
My daughters seizures are food related. I have been exploring this path, ever since the anti seizure meds put her into a tail spin.
I also have a child with Asperger disorder. He is high functioning, however, nutritional changes seems to make him feel better as well.

I hope you find the support here that you need.

Hi 7up, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Very cute screen name.
My daughters seizures are food related. I have been exploring this path, ever since the anti seizure meds put her into a tail spin.
I also have a child with Asperger disorder. He is high functioning, however, nutritional changes seems to make him feel better as well.

Robin, how did you make the connection of your daughters seizures being food related?
What nutritional changes are you doing? Is she on seizure meds?

We have my son (and the children with autism) on gfcf diet plus supplements. It has dramatically helped two of them, one with epilepsy and one with autism.

Back
Top Bottom