New Here Introducing myself .

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello to Everyone , I am Hunter Dave and I have had Epilepsy for a long time since Jr. High School . I got Epilepsy from Boxing , and let me tell you , it doesn't take much or too many shots to the head to put you in a Hospital . Early on controlling my seizures was a little tough , we had to get the dosage correct for me . There was a bit of Rejection from POS but once I stopped Rejecting me I overcame a lot . I still deal with many things that other people just don't understand . I would love to be there for anyone who needs an ear , I promise I will listen to you . I didn't always have that .

Hunter Dave

Hi HD and welcome.

Yes, I wish this forum had been around back when I started having seizures 30 years ago.

Stick around. This is a great place to learn from each other and to find someone who *gets it* when we feel the need to vent.

Welcome to CWE Hunter Dave! You are in the right place! you will find so much help here and friendship! And thank you for your generous offer of lending an ear...i'm sure everyone here will appreciate it..:)

Thank you Aloha , I will stick around . I only feel sad when I don't know all the answers , I really wish I could help everyone but I know I can't . I see you have a picture with a dog , they are Wonderful . I had one from the pound but she died almost two to three years ago . I just couldn't get another one , I guess I wasn't ready . I do hope that all of your days are wonderful . Dave

Hello Carpentergirl how are you ? I hope all of your days are good as well . I have a question do you ever have any difficulty concentrating because of your meds ?

I have the thought process delay..it that's what you are referring to...I work with my dad and have to double check every time I shout out a measurement...lol...I could go on and on about this topic....but...I also have to say that I'm not sure it is from my medicine or not because I don't take near as much meds as a lot of ppl on here...I see ppl taking as much as 3000 mg of stuff a day....I only take 500 mg of meds a day...I also notice it seems a "down hill slide" it seems for quite some time after a seizure for me...I don't know what is worse...what I go through...which is a few siezures a year...which seem to just totally f$ck me up for months....or to just have little ones here and there a month or two apart....lol ...and I also say that because I will have several good months where it seems like after a few months have gone by after a seizure it seems like I am perfectly healthy...and no side effects whatsoever from meds...I really dont' think I have any major side effects to complain about from my meds...I've been on Topamax for 13 years now...

Hi HD, welcome! Make yourself at home. :)

Back
Top Bottom