New person!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello,my name is Helen,I'm 23, and I'm from Ireland.

I have Junior myoclonic epilepsy at 15 (2 months before big exams! >.<),it's the same epilepsy my Dad has,he was diagnosed at 21.
I was having absence seizures and petit mals months before I had my first grand mal.My dad never had petit mals or absence seizures so my Mum unfortunately thought I was either looking for attention or on drugs.
I've been on too many different drugs to list off and some of them I can remember to be honest.
But at the moment I am on Keppra and Tegretol (my Dad is on Tegretol too) and it seems to be working fine.I was grand mal free for 2 years but had a seizure a month ago.
I suffer from facial neuralgia as well.But my dosage of Tegretol was just upped to help it and it seems to be helping.
I've recently moved from Galway to Sligo with my bf because I am starting a course called Training For Success which is specifically for people with epilepsy to help them get back into the swing of college and build up their confidence when it comes to education,I start next monday and I'm stoked that I was given a place ^_^

That's about it really :)
I look forward to getting to know loads of people through this forum.

-Helen

Howdy! ^_^ *looks up* You jumped right in here! Awesome. I'm draggrif and I'm glad you found this place, it's amazing to get to talk to so many people who understand what you're talking about. Stick around a while, it's nice here ^_^

Hi Helen, welcome to CWE!

We have a few other members from Ireland here. Always nice to enlarge our global membership! The "Training for Success" course sounds awesome! I don't think I've heard of anything like that here in the U.S.

Just out of curiosity, do you take any supplements for your neuralgia? I've heard anecdotally that Vitamin B12 helps with Facial Neuralgia.

Best,
Nakamova

Helen,

Welcome! I'm so glad you are here!

What a wonderful course you are taking. I wish they had something similar here.

*waves* No I don't take any supplements for the Neuralgia.
I take Vitamin B12 anyway because I am Vegan,but it doesn't make a difference on the Neuralgia!

The course is apparently it's only kind in the whole of Europe.I was shocked when I heard it as I think so many people will benefit from it.I know I will.

Hello Helen and Welcome!!

I wish you all the best in your new course. That sounds really amazing. You will have to let us know how it goes. I am sure a lot people here could really benefit from your experience! :hello:

Hi Helen, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Make yourself at home here. :)

Back
Top Bottom