New and very shy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello, I found this forum through google, and thought it seemed very awesome :)

I'm 23 years old, and I have had epilepsy since 2006. I'm on dilantin 3x daily (I don't know the dosage, the bottle doesn't say) at the moment, but they keep switching around my medication.. probably because I'm still having bad seizures :p

Nice to meet you all :)

Welcome wolfinternus

Glad you found us. I was dilantin when I was your age.... a very long time ago. I can't really tell how it specifically effected me because I was on Mysoline & Valproic Acid or Tegretol at the same time. I was born with my seizures & even having just turned 50, they still haven't found anything to really control them. I've sort of given up expecting them to be totally controlled but I guess I shouldn't complain since all I get are partials instead of Tonic/Clonics.

Make yourself at home, the people here are really great and very supportive. I personally wouldn't feel shy here.

Welcome to the forum Wolfinternus! It's nice to meet you too.

Hi, hello

and how do you, do? Wolf? It's very nice to meet you!

Aw shucks, you're gonna fit right in, don't worry about it.

I've been on Dilantin, too.........for a total of about 35 years. I'm not on it at the moment, though. I've been on more than my fair share of meds. :S

We're glad to have you here. CWE is a really cool place. Mr B has built us an AWESOME home here, so feel free to kick back, and enjoy the dinner party. I thought Eric was bringing some decent coffee cuz he knows I burn it all the time. Maybe Buckeye or Arvind will show up with some..........

Anyway, feel free to check out all the nooks and crannies, there's plenty of them here. Ask questions galore if you want, no one bites here. And if you want to ask in private, just PM whomever you want to ask. :) We're an easygoing bunch here. Oh, and if you have to vent, the Padded Room is great for that, as well.

Take care, and it was great meeting you!

Meetz
:rock:

Welcome - I don't have seizures but my daughter who is now 18 has them. Even though they are finally being controlled. When we tried meds, they were out of control and she had many different varieties. Since trying alternative therapies, such as making nutritional changes, and daily vitamin and mineral supplements she is slowly improving.

I hope you find the support you need here, as well as some new ideas to discuss with your doctors.

Welcome to Wolf!! Anything you need.....it's here! All the people are great, so relax and enjoy. :hello:

Hi Wolfinternus, welcome to CWE.

It's okay to be shy, but I hope you feel free to post at any time. The members of CWE are a very supportive crowd.

Best,
Nakamova

:cheers:Hi Wolfie (can I call you Wolfie? LOL). You've come to the right place.

Hi Wolfinternus,

I started having seizures when I was in my early 20's and I also was started on Dilantin for them. Over the years, my meds were switched around quite a bit, too. I hope you keep coming back and searching for answers.

Welcome Wolf. This is a great place to come for support and for information.

I've been diagnosed for almost seven years now. I was originally on Trileptal and was actually seizure free for two years but have recently been having seizures again. I have complex partial seizures on an average of 2 per week. I'm presently on a cocktail of trileptal and Dilantin.

Hope you like it here. :)

Welcome wolf! I'm another mom of a daughter (12) who has seizures. Reading and talking here has helped me control my panic and see things from my daughter's perspective, which is helping both her and me. Lovely bunch of folks here, don't be shy.

Wolfinternus:

Hello! :) You have discovered the most fantastic bunch of individuals I could ever ask for with regard to advice, friendship & support. I discovered this forum 2 yrs ago, by chance, and truly enjoy the friendships I've developed. Sooo, c'mon in, take off your shoes (or sandals) & join us with the drink of your choosing & snack of your choice. And, don't worry, we won't pressure you into revealing more than you feel comfortable with. Take care & come again, Wolfinternus. :)

hello

wolfinternus:

welcome to CWE. This is a cozy place to let your hair down, so to speak. I am a veteran at seizures, going on bout 43 years now (am 53). So glad you have found us, and hope you find respite, useful info, and some "I am not alone" relief here. Hang out as often as you feel comfortable. This can be scary at times, and run the emotional roller coaster that so often accompanies this disorder. :bigsmile:

hi and welcome to the forums.

yup, dilanin is the one they give out first. and if it doesnt work , they switch. in most cases it works and its the drug thats been around the longest and its cheap. it also seems to be the drug with the worst long term side effects.

you should keep tabs on how much you are taking. its important for a variaty of reasons including should you ever wind up without it and need emergency dose.

how often are they switching your meds? from my experience, it takes at least 3 to 6 months for your body to adust to a new AED.

Back
Top Bottom