Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
my name is clinton from az i have genralized epilepsy uncontrolled and have siezures all the time have had it since 16.gran mals and petit mals mostly which take a toll and make me depressed at times have had a lot of injuries im new to this so if anybody can relate?

Welcome Clinton!!
You came to right place, as in one way or another we can all relate, and after being on long enough you'll end up 'meeting' someone with a situation pretty much identical to yours! There's a ton of people on here who have run the gamut... generalized, secondary generalized, uncontrolled, only controlled with like five meds at a time, depression, injuries from head to toe (and more surgeries to fix those), brain surgery patients, and some who are new like you as well as some who have had epilepsy for 50 years!! There isn't anything on here you can't talk about or ask about, someone or everyone will chime in to try and help.
Myself, 18 years of simple partials and five grand-mals in the last eight. I have an arachnoid cyst in my left temporal lobe and am on my third med. The last mri after the last grand-mal (11 mos. ago) showed a possibility of mesial sclerosis so my doc and I agreed it was time to head off to the Epilepsy Centre and get investigating. Am now doing follow-ups and waiting to get into the monitoring unit to see if I need surgery (most people say 'If I'm a good candidate' however I find it hard to put it that way as in the end I'll only do this because I NEED to to try and improve/save my life, but actually having the surgery is the last thing in the world I am brave enough to do).
It's just that it's been going on for too many years that it was time to 'admit' to myself that my quality of life is only going to deteriorate if I don't do something, so now it's a wait and see. Very depressed, scared, and yes it all takes a toll.
Like I said everyone here can offer support because we all know the hell that this can feel like. (((HUGS friend))).

Hi Clinton, welcome to CWE!

I'm sorry to hear that your epilepsy is uncontrolled -- do your doctors have any suggestions for treatments to try?

Best,
Nakamova

Hello!

I understand, as do many others here, what it's like to have uncontrolled seizures.
I have unnamed seizures along with gran mals happen, it feels like, out of nowhere.

I've been on a lot of meds, but I haven't found one that can fully control them.

Even had brain surgery done, to find out a week or so, later that it didn't work, so I'm still on meds.

It's stressful, to say the least, but since I've found this website, I've had a better time dealing with my seizures being able to talk with others who understand, instead of trying to talk to my family about it, granted talking with your family is a good thing, here, it's just easier to explain yourself!

Last edited:
I've had epilepsy for 9 years now. I don't know if you would consider my seizures controlled or not. At first I was having about 3 a week, now I have at least 3 a month. I didn't have many gran mals but now I have about 1 a year.

It's taken a lot of different meds and dosages through the years and I have a VNS but I am still having seizures.

As seizuregirl said talking to people on here is really good because they understand what you are going through. It could help alot with the stress by doing this.

Back
Top Bottom