Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ialdridge

New
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say hello. I am new here and am about to have the VNS implanted in a couple of weeks. Hope everyone is doing fine.

:doctor:

Hi back to you,
Welcome to the best forum this side of Never Neverland.

I do not know much about VNS, but I hope that it will bring you a sense of well being.
Are you excited, nervous, ______ (your adj)?

My daughter (age 15 ) has been having seizures for a year.

Hi ialdridge : Welcome to the board ,nice meeting you.
Wishing you the best of luck with your vns inplant. I had it inplanted in NYC and it was inplanted on and worked immedialty for me,to everyones surprise. My Dr in NYC was so
happy with me , he decided to wean me off my meds totally and I ended up breaking my leads . I never got it fixed thou it worked great for a year.

Instead I left NYC and moved to Portland Or and went on homeopathy and than added the Gard diet to get rid of my last of my AEDS. I am going on 2 years on homeopathy
and its almost 3 months I am on the Gard diet. Very happy with both, looking forward to getting to know you.

Riva

Howdy neighbor! Welcome to the forum. :hello:

I hope you did your due diligence on the VNS before making the decision to go for it. There are a lot of options which you can explore before going under the knife as a last resort (the VNS can have permanent consequences whether it works or makes things worse).

Hey ialdridge

See you found my other haunt! This place is great. So much information it will make your head spin!

Here's a thread where you can post photos of Harry and Max.
:mrt:

:hello: Ialdridge!

Welcome to CWE! Glad you found Birdy's
other Birdhouse! (*snickers*)

And like she says, this place is loaded,
or should I say "Operation Overload?"

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom