Newbie & Petrified.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

aggy i new here to and from uk...when my seziours started i thought some kind panic attack and everytime a seziour started i started panic and black out.i try control panic now but it not easy cos i aware it about to happen and it is scarey

Hey Aggy, I am 19 years old and just started having seizures in October. Luckily I haven't had the opportunity of having my license so not missing out much on that. Hoping I can get it one day, but if not its not a big deal for me. I have had one EEG which came back clear. Thinking about trying to get another one though because my seizures have gotten worse was diagnosed as seizures for sure, but the doctor says its just caused by anxiety. But, he does want to see a video of them to get a better idea. The only problem with that is they usually occur when me and my fiance are both in bed and he is fast asleep. Sometimes he doesn't even notice them. Luckily I was told they aren't harmful to my daughter who is due in October. I haven't had an MRI, but I'm guessing that is mainly because of me being pregnant. So maybe we can find out our diagnosis' together :D feel free to add me as a friend.

Aggy - am in the UK myself. Am about to approach the Gp because I have an old diagnosis of epilepsy, and I think it's back. Please contact Me if you like. I'm a little older then you but not by much. Xx

((((Aggy))))
I was 21 when I had my first "known" seizure (I suspect at least 2 before that one, but no proof).
I else where, the doctor at the Swedish Medical Hospital in Seattle, tried to tell me I was ONLY having panic attacks. Thank God my Neuro set him straight. Plus my husband has seen the majority of them, seen how my body acts.

Memory loss is no uncommon. I know my first few, I couldn't remember anything leading up to the seizure. As I get older, the last 2-3 (it's been 4+ years now), I snap right out of it. However, my memory HAS been affected. :/ My doctor said brain cells (for ME), die off, each time I have one.
The bad thing for me is they do not know why I have them. Or what brings them on. I have no auras or any idea I might be having one, or one is about to happen. I am almost envious of those who do have an idea one may be coming on.
Only once, I must have known.... I was holding my newborn daughter (she was 2 months old), feeding her on the bed, and I apparently moved her. My sister said she (my sister), walked by once and I was feeding Lydia, walked by not a minute later and I had moved Lydia way out of the way and was seizing. I do not remember even feeding her or being in the bedroom :(

Back
Top Bottom