A question

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

kd2020

New
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is safe or advisable for someone with epilepsy to go on amusement park rides? My son's class trip is to an amusement park with rollercoasters etc. He wants to ride like anyone else.

I’d say check with his neurologist you don’t mention much about his seizure types....
He does have to live. But it’s important that you make educated choice...and if not sure, stop and check with the experts...

rides post warning signs these days, but kids won’t read these…and teachers should be ‘well prepared’ to deal with ‘our’ children on a school day out by ‘us’ informing them upfront of our children’s potential needs (or not, or extra watchful eye required) whether they have E or any other concerns.

they do have to live :) and enjoy but also understand limits if applicable.

Do you know if he is photosensitive? If he is I would say no. Especially spinny rides. The light that inevitably flickers by in a repetitive pattern during spinny rides could potentially cause troubles.
Poor little man....of course he wants to do the rides like everybody else!

I've gone to amusement parks and road roller coasters many times with out problems, but I'm not photosensitive. But as LJ-Bain said, make sure he's not before you say ok.

Back
Top Bottom