Relaxation techniques

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

NaomiD

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Not been on here for a while , so firstly hi everyone . Secondly I'm moving to south Manchester next month and was hoping to join some relaxation classes , does any body know of any good ones around they can honestly recommend, tried one or two but never going back to them

Hello Naomi,

I'm not from anywhere near Manchester, but in terms of relaxation classes, I would most specifically recommend Yoga & Pilates. For the latter, I wouldn't recommend dynamic Pilates, which although is great, is not for relaxation! Lol
The level of relaxation and enjoyment that you will gain from these classes is largely dependent on the instructor & their approach, but most leisure centres will have classes of such types, with a range of instructors available. After a couple of classes with different instructors, you will just know which you prefer, & which works best for you.

Hope that helps a little.

Enjoy ��

Thankyou Robyn,

I was considering that myself, have done yoga before and it's probably what I'm going to end up taking part in again , was wondering if there were anything slightly more different out there that may work for me

Naomi x

You're welcome.

And yep, I know what you mean!

Also, here in London, we have a scheme called 'ourparks', which do free sessions in parks- I know that they also do a yoga class at some. Perhaps if there was an initiative near you in Manchester which did something like this, this may be a bit different since its situated outside, instead of in a boring studio.
They may not have anything like that near you, but just a thought if they did? Worth a browse on the net for sure, if they are free like ours too?

Hope you find something soon 😊👍🏻x

That sounds great , outside in Manchester though and your gambling with getting rained on lol x

Haha! Too true-the weather in England Most recently, let alone normally is so awful 🙈😂!

Roll on 'summer', if it ever arrives 😂🙏

x

I think that was 7 hours in June if I remember correctly lol ������

Was considering tai chi , but for the weather reason I'm not too sure

How To Relax!

Naomi,
You ask about ways to relax and what kind of classes you could take to relax. I have never taken any classes to relax, but I know of something that has helped me relax and feel better about myself at the same time! This is doing volunteer work for a cause that you really admire. When I do the volunteering I can see how my help is making some people who need help feel better and this in turn makes me feel better about myself. When a person feels good about themselves they are going to feel much more relaxed than they would feel if they were bored doing nothing! :shake:

ACsHuman

I already volunteer twice a week ! But thankyou for your suggestion ��

Was considering tai chi , but for the weather reason I'm not too sure

That's a good point! I've never tried Tai Chi, but I bet that would be very good for relaxation. If you find a class somewhere for it, & go, let me know how it goes & if it's any good! 👍🏻 And hopefully you don't get rained on 🙈!
x

Your on if I do . I will let you know . Have seen a group for the city centre which I'm tempted to give a go ��

RobynM just to let you know . I took up Tai chi. I totally adore it . Highly recommend it :)

Wow! Really? That's brilliant-Thanks for the heads up ������! I may have to try it in the near future. How long are the sessions?

1hour long sessions only costs me £3:50 ago found in local social group

Wow-that's really cheap for an hour long session too ����. Do you feel like you are gaining lots of benefit from doing it too? x

You're welcome.

And yep, I know what you mean!

Also, here in London, we have a scheme called 'ourparks', which do free sessions in parks- I know that they also do a yoga class at some. Perhaps if there was an initiative near you in Manchester which did something like this, this may be a bit different since its situated outside, instead of in a boring studio.
They may not have anything like that near you, but just a thought if they did? Worth a browse on the net for sure, if they are free like ours too?

Hope you find something soon 😊👍🏻x

I live in Lowerstoft we don't get do it here but we have walking club
English a d Welsh doctors can prescribe exerecise for 3months A NHS health workers do it with you.if want to know pm me bit complicated on a posting

I am RobynM , loving every moment of it , and its weekly too

Back
Top Bottom