Removing glue after 4 day reg

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

barb1219

New
Reaction score
Hi all! I just wanted to share something. My adult, mentally disabled, daughter was in the hospital for 4 days for an eeg monitoring and to change one of her seizure medications. I watched as the technician used acetone to remove electrodes and told me to use nail polish remover and conditioner in her hair to remove the rest of the glue. I used the conditioner but not the nail polish remover as I didn't want her skin to burn.
Then I woke up. Being a retired dental hygienist (and my husband still a dentist) I remembered a product that I purchased through my old job to remove deck stain from hands without having to use turpentine. Orange Solvent. The brand I have is made by Centra but I googled it and you don't have to buy it through a dental practice-you can get it online-one cotton ball and the orange solvent removed all the glue residue-painlessly-from my daughters scalp & face and also the adhesive residue from where her band-aids were from her bloodworm and electrodes. Please consider this painless product. Maybe be extra friendly to your dentist/hygienist and he/she can perhaps sell you some or give you some when you know you are going to be tested. Washed out with regular shampoo, no pain and no harsh chemicals.
Orange solvent. Glad I had it at home. My daughter's happy and smells like fruit between the solvent and her blueberry shampoo! Have a great night!

I use GoJo or Goop during a shower and that does the job. Essentially the same idea. Worksgreat and it is meant to be used as a soap.

I just wash my hair with regular hair shampoo and then use an hair conditioner. That works for me.

Welcome to CWE barb1219. This forum was made by Bernard out of love for his wife Stacy. That love permeates throughout the whole forum.

Glad to meet you.

Back
Top Bottom