Share experiences of perampanel?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I know it is a relatively new tablet, but I would like to hear people's experiences?
Side effects and such?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

All of my side effects have gone away completely and I don't take the genereic.
I take name brand Fycompa.

Out of interest, what colour are the tablets?
I really hope there are some easy to get hold of white ones, I have been taking tablets with colourings in that I am allergic to for years and it literally does my head in having a 24/7 allergic reaction.

It's the generic for me since that the only the I take with AEDs since I can't take generics with my epilepsy meds. Belinda5000
I only take name brand because the generic of any AED sen sends sends my seizures through the roof so my neuro is not going to change my script for this drug either.

Fycompa is only available in brand name because it is so new, and they are various shades of pink or purple depending on the strength.

Oh dear. Well, looks like I will be keeping with my allergic reactions haha!
Oh well! Thankyou. :)

Oh dear. Well, looks like I will be keeping with my allergic reactions haha!
Oh well! Thankyou. :)

Don't let anyone tell you that severe itching isn't a allergic reaction.I had a doc try to tell me that with vimpat; so I went and looked it up on line and I was right the entire time and so was my neuro.

Mine is headaches and swollen sinuses.
I get it whenever I have colourings, in sweets, cakes, pills - anything really.
Not very nice, but they refuse to give me the white lamotrogine, so I have been having an allergic reaction for a solid couple of years now, can't be good for me.

and some makeup products have it aswell, if mascaras have it they give me horrendous headaches - facial makeup does, it goes red and itches.

Mine is headaches and swollen sinuses.
I get it whenever I have colourings, in sweets, cakes, pills - anything really.
Not very nice, but they refuse to give me the white lamotrogine, so I have been having an allergic reaction for a solid couple of years now, can't be good for me.

I get the white tablets of Lamotrigine. They are 100 mg tablets.

Back
Top Bottom