Sleep

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I had been having trouble sleeping recently , more getting to sleep then actually sleeping or some nights Id toss alot.
I had been under a lot of stress this whole month with so much going on so I figured the not sleeping might be related to stress (also it's Summer here & I find it harder to sleep when its hot).

I had enough of not sleeping so emailed my neuropsych a week before Christmas to see if she had any tips for me. She agreed that stress can affect your sleep & gave me some links to some sites which may help me.

In reading the sites most of them said it isn't good to keep looking at your clock which I tend to do so I've got into the habit of turning my clock around to face the wall when Im about to go to sleep. I also read that having white noise or noise distraction can help you sleep so found an app which plays different noises, you can choose the noise & the amount of time you want it to go for. I downloaded l a meditation app for sleeping where you set it go for a certain time, for the 1st 5 minutes its someone talking then it's relaxing music. I've found some of the noises from the white noise app & the music from the meditation app have helped me get to sleep lol.

Most nights Im sleeping the whole night through except to get up once to go to the toilet.

Back
Top Bottom