Sleep deprived eeg

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.j.

New
Reaction score
I have had an eeg and CT scan .The doctor has referred me for a sleep deprived eeg.I haven't seen the doctor for the results but have received a letter from the hospital to go for the sleep dep eeg. Would the 2nd eeg be because there wasn't anything on the 1st eeg.I will be seeing the doctor after the 2nd test and will ask him but has anyone else had the same.I've been dianosed with SPS and doctor says they are from temporal lobe.
Janet

j.j.

Has your Doctor mentioned anything to you about possible Sleep Apnea ~ could be causing night time seizures that you might not even know about.
The "sleep study or 24/48hour EEG" will be able to tell you if you have it.

If so ~ just getting more oxygen to the brain while you sleep MAY be all you need.

From my own experience.

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom