Coping With Epilepsy Matthew's Friends
Free Advertisement

Go Back   Epilepsy Forum > Our House > The Foyer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009, 04:33 AM
New Here

What the. Have I got a problem.

I am new to this. I am suspected to have petimal fits. There a number of diferent sensations for these turns. I am usually tired for the rest of the day. A feeling of dae jar view. Everything i eat or drink taste different. Lately i seem to be biteing my top lip.
Are these common signs.
I was diagnosed with sleep apnia about a year ago. Treatment seemed to overcome the problem, but it has returned.
Advice needed.

Showing posts 1 - 1 of 1
Old 01-09-2009, 06:43 AM
Your Host
Recent Blog: Oh poop

Thanked 2,298 Times in 820 Posts
Hi cwm686, welcome to the forum.

I'd suggest reading all you can about the different types of seizures and then talking to a neurologist about what you are experiencing. You will likely need to have some tests - EEG, MRI, etc. - that might help identify seizure activity or problems in the brain.

Deja vu could be associated with simple partial seizures or temporal lobe seizures.

Sleep apnea appears to be pretty common among people with epilepsy.
New to CWE? I suggest reading the proactive prescription and epilepsy 101 threads. Also check out this chart of alternative epilepsy treatments and this page on EEG Neurofeedback. More great stuff can be found in the list of the best forum threads.

Would you like to help support this forum?
Old 01-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Venerable Voice of CWE

Hi cwm! Welcome to CWE. I totally agree with Bernard's post. And, I would also suggest that you start keeping a journal. Write down everything you eat and drink (how much and when), how many hours of sleep you get every night, any stress that you are under, if you have any odd feelings (deja vu, odd smells, etc...even migraines), and if you have a seizure (this includes when, how long it lasted, where you were, and what you had been doing before it). Take this info with you to your neurologists appt. You can look to see if there is a pattern..for example, do your seizures happen when your in a place with flickering lights? Or did you just finish having an energy drink? Or eating a specific food? Or were you short on sleep? Keeping the journal will help you to see if there are any specific things that trigger your seizures. Things that you can change or avoid. Also, if you are a female, you will also want to keep track of your cycle. Some women have seizures that are triggered due to hormone shifts. In the meantime, feel free to browse the site, ask questions, chime in, or just vent in the padded room if necessary. You're not alone in this. Just remember that.