What the. Have I got a problem.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

cwm686

New
Reaction score
I am new to this. I am suspected to have petimal fits. There a number of diferent sensations for these turns. I am usually tired for the rest of the day. A feeling of dae jar view. Everything i eat or drink taste different. Lately i seem to be biteing my top lip.
Are these common signs.
I was diagnosed with sleep apnia about a year ago. Treatment seemed to overcome the problem, but it has returned.
Advice needed.

Showing posts 1 - 1 of 1

Hi cwm! Welcome to CWE. :) I totally agree with Bernard's post. And, I would also suggest that you start keeping a journal. Write down everything you eat and drink (how much and when), how many hours of sleep you get every night, any stress that you are under, if you have any odd feelings (deja vu, odd smells, etc...even migraines), and if you have a seizure (this includes when, how long it lasted, where you were, and what you had been doing before it). Take this info with you to your neurologists appt. You can look to see if there is a pattern..for example, do your seizures happen when your in a place with flickering lights? Or did you just finish having an energy drink? Or eating a specific food? Or were you short on sleep? Keeping the journal will help you to see if there are any specific things that trigger your seizures. Things that you can change or avoid. Also, if you are a female, you will also want to keep track of your cycle. Some women have seizures that are triggered due to hormone shifts. In the meantime, feel free to browse the site, ask questions, chime in, or just vent in the padded room if necessary. :) You're not alone in this. Just remember that. :)

Back
Top Bottom