Young(ish) newbie reporting in!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Lev

New
Reaction score
Hello there. I'm Lev, 19, epileptic. Diagnosed at 16, although I believe I had it lifelong. I also suffer from mental illnesses. I recently sustained a bad head injury and have half a hope that it may have knocked the epilepsy out of me! Ha.

Anyhow, hello there.

Hi Lev,

Welcome to CWE! Everyone here is a great friend and has been a great help to me. I started having seizures when I was a kid only 10 yrs. old that was 44 yrs. ago. Take my word they have come a long way in treating epilepsy since I was a kid. Years ago some of my family thought that I was having a lot of emotional problems but in the long run we
all found out that it was from the seizure med that I was taking. My best advice to you is start seeing an Epileptologist if you aren't seeing one yet. I've found an Epileptologist who is a Dr. that specializes in treating epilepsy was the best thing I ever did this Dr. has me on the least med, and I have the best control of my seizures. I was also able to have brain surgery to help reduce the seizures. Feel free to ask any questions we are all here to help. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

! ! ! Welcome to CWE ! ! !

Lev,

You will find that many of the members of CWE will be able to help you because of the fact that E has so many wide differences for each person! If you have any questions feel free to ask them! There is no such thing as a 'dumb' question because getting an answer is going to make a person smarter! :twocents:

acshuman

Hi Level,

Welcome to CWE
Lots of knowledge here.
Any questions or concerns, ask away.

GO BLUEJAYS

Hi there
Pleeeeeeeeze don't say epileptic that defines you.Define yourself as young person with epilepsy.....I pick everyone up on that one

As seagull mentioned above, the term"EPILEPSY" unfortunately, still has a stigma attached to it so maybe you define yourself as a person with a" seizure condition"

Randy.

Hi Lev, nice to meet you.

I've learned so much and gotten so much help on here about epilepsy, hope you do too!

Welcome Lev, make yourself at home!

Back
Top Bottom