Ahhhhh new notebook!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Birdbomb

VNS Guru
Reaction score
I've upgraded my pc to an e-notebook. The old one had a flaky problem of overheating the processor and causing crashes. A friend of mine got me a bodacious deal that I could not pass up. At first I was going to give this to the kids but now I'm having him set the old one up for them.

Took a while to transfer all the files cause it was running so slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. 2 days. Only 40g but like I said it was flaky. Shoot, some days I just wouldn't even attempt to post much because it would reboot on me without warning. VERY aggravating.

Now this old dog will have to learn the new and fun features of the OS. I can now see my screen better so hopefully have a lot less spelling errors. :pfft: Oh I love this thing and now I won't be all cooped up chained to the desk with my wireless router. WOOP WOOP!!!:banana:

Attachments

• acer-emachine-e520.jpg
    acer-emachine-e520.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 2
Oooooooo

LALA. Now you'll be able to write at blazing fast speeds, eh? :bigmouth::bigsmile::roflmao:

Wow Birdy this is freaky

I bought a new laptop on Saturday due to my current one overheating, what a coincidence.

I have been bugging all of my friends on MSN Messenger with the built in webcam

Last edited:
Yeah that built in web cam is pretty cool, but it's speakers are lousy, I'll just hook it up to my old ones, complete with subwoofer so they sound good.

You probably had the same crappy innards I did. If I watched a lot of videos, loaded a bunch of images or played my games too long, it would reboot. Sometime idling would cause it too. My friend went over it pretty good. Not enough insulation on the processor and a POS motherboard. He complained about my computer being junk for the past year. LOL

He even calibrated the color of the monitor (he does photography on the side) So my images are true colors now. What a difference!

Back
Top Bottom