To all Mothers

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tinasmom

New
Reaction score
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PLAN TO BE GREAT MOMS,
THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE GREAT MOMS,
THOSE WHO HAVE GREAT MOMS,
AND THOSE OF YOU WHO HAD GREAT MOMS...

Real Mothers don't eat quiche; they don't have time to make it.
Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils are probably in the sandbox.
Real Mothers often have sticky floors, filthy ovens and happy kids.
Real Mothers know that dried play dough doesn't come out of shag carpets.
Real Mothers don't want to know what the vacuum just sucked up.
Real Mothers sometimes ask 'Why me?' and get their answer when a little voice says, 'Because I love you best.'
Real Mothers know that a child' s growth is not measured by height or years or grade... It is marked by the progression of Mommy to Mom to Momma or Mother...

4 YEARS OF AGE - My Mommy can do anything!
8 YEARS OF AGE - My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!
12 YEARS OF AGE - My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.
14 YEARS OF AGE - Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either.
16 YEARS OF AGE - Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned.
18 YEARS OF AGE - That old woman? She's way out of date!
25 YEARS OF AGE - Well, she might know a little bit about it.
35 YEARS OF AGE - Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.
45 YEARS OF AGE - Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?
65 YEARS OF AGE - Wish I could talk it over with Mom.

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that so lovingly gives, the passion that she shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows!

Happy Mothers Day!

To All Mothers.

Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers.:banana: :banana: :woot: :woot: :rock:
Happy Happy Mother's Day.:banana: :banana: :rock: :rock: :woot: :woot:

roses.jpg

Happy Mother's Day to all
of our Mothers.

Thank You!! Happy Mother's Day to all the other Mothers.

It is true. I am sure that the missing silverware is outside either in the sandbox or my flower bed that at one time held flowers until the 5 year old decided the flowers looked better in the house.

And while play-doh doesn't come out of carpet. Neither does Maple Syrup. It's been 3 years and I have steam cleaned it 5 times and the dark brown trail in my light blue carpet will not leave. The good part??? I can look at that and remember when my kids were little and curious.

Have a VERY happy Mother's Day weekend all!.....

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:
:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

Signed,
My Mother's Loving Son Speber
:rock:

Happy Mother's Day to all of our devoted Mother's here at CWE. Laura, your poem says it all.

You are all so deserving of every hug and kiss you receive, even if it comes from little chocolate covered hands on your brand new outfit.

Happy Mother's Day to all of those Mothers in my life.

:rose: I thank GOD that he has decided to let me keep mine a little longer.

:rose: I thank GOD for my wife, the Mom to my 3 daughters.

:rose: I thank GOD for my oldest daughter who has given me the gift of 2 grandchildren.

:rose: I thank GOD for my Mom-in-law who has let me share in the life of her daughter.

:e: May GOD BLESS those who will be celebrating this Mother's Day with only cherished memories. May they feel the presence of their Moms and Children each and every day.
:e:

This year will be a bittersweet Mother's Day for me. My Mom just died 3 weeks ago. I will really miss her and this day will be sad because she is no longer with us physically.But I am going to celebrate it Big for my Mom!! She loved parties and familiy gatherings. She was always the life of the party..I know she would want us all to be happy and also celebrate our own mother's Day with our children. So for all you Mom's and Grandma's and Dad's,sons..whatever..Happy Mother's Day!!! Treasure each Moment!!!!! : ))

Hugs!
Michelle

moth1.jpg

Hope all the mums, nannas & grandmas out there have a good day

Invisible Mom

I don't know who wrote this, but thought I would share it. To those of you who are missing your moms especially hard at this time........realize her work of building that beautiful cathedral has finished and she is looking down enjoying the fruits of her labor.........and to the moms who are still building may His guidance and comfort help you as you complete your cathedral. Cathedral building is a very demanding and complicated profession.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It all began to make sense, the blank stares, the lack of response, the way one of the kids walks into the room while I'm on the phone and ask to be taken to the store. Inside, I'm thinking, 'Can't you see I'm on the phone?' Obviously not; no one can see if I'm on the phone, or cooking, or sweeping the floor, or even standing on my head in the corner, because no-one can see me at all. I'm invisible. The Invisible Mom.

Some days I am only a pair of hands, nothing more: 'Can you fix this?' 'Can you tie this?' 'Can you open this?' Some days I'm not a pair of hands; I'm not even a human being. I'm a clock to ask, 'What time is it?' I'm a satellite guide to answer, 'What number is the Disney Channel?' I'm a car to order, 'Right around 5:30, please.'

I was certain that these were the hands that once held books and the eyes that studied history and the mind that graduated summa cum laude - but now they had disappeared into the peanut butter, never to be seen again. 'She's going, she's going, she's gone!'

One night, a group of us were having dinner, celebrating the return of a friend from England. Janice had just gotten back from a fabulous trip, and she was going on and on about the hotel she stayed in. I was sitting there, looking around at the others all put together so well. It was hard not to compare and feel sorry for myself as I looked down at my out-of-style dress; it was the only thing I could find that was clean. My unwashed hair was pulled up in a hair clip and I was afraid I could actually smell peanut butter in it. I was feeling pretty pathetic, when Janice turned to me with a beautifully wrapped package, and said, 'I brought you this.' It was a book on the great cathedrals of Europe.

I wasn't exactly sure why she'd given it to me until I read her inscription: 'To Charlotte, with admiration for the greatness of what you are building when no one sees.'

In the days ahead I would read - no, devour - the book. And I would discover what would become for me, four life-changing truths, after which I could pattern my work: No one can say who built the great cathedrals - we have no record of their names. These builders gave their whole lives for a work they would never see finished. They made great sacrifices and expected no credit. The passion of their building was fueled by their faith that the eyes of God saw everything.

A legendary story in the book told of a rich man who came to visit the cathedral while it was being built, and he saw a workman carving a tiny bird on the inside of a beam. He was puzzled and asked the man, 'Why are you spending so much time carving that bird int o a beam that will be covered by the roof? No one will ever see it.' And the workman replied, 'Because God will see.'

I closed the book, feeling the missing piece fall into place. It was almost as if I heard God whispering to me, 'I see you, Charlotte. I see the sacrifices you make every day, even when no one around you does. No act of kindness you've done, no sequin you've sewn on, no cupcake you've baked, is too small for me to notice and smile over. You are building a great cathedral, but you can't see right now what it will become.'

At times, my invisibility feels like an affliction. But it is not a disease that is erasing my life. It is the cure for the disease of my own self-centeredness. It is the antidote to my strong, stubborn pride. I keep the right perspective when I see myself as a great builder. As one of the people who show up at a job that they will never see finished, to work on something that their name will never be on. The writer of the book went so far as to say that no cathedrals could ever be built in our lifetime because there are so few people willing to sacrifice to that degree.

When I really think about it, I don't want my son to tell the friend he's bringing home from college for Thanksgiving, 'My Mom gets up at 4 in the morning and bakes homemade pies, and then she hand bastes a turkey for three hours and presses all the linens for the table.' That would mean I'd built a shrine or a monument to myself. I just want him to want to come home. Then, if there is anything to say to his friend, it could be, 'You're gonna love it here!'

As mothers, we are building great cathedrals. We cannot be seen if we're doing it right. And one day, it is very possible that the world will marvel, not only at what we have built, but at the beauty that has been added to the world by the sacrifices of invisible women.

I want to say I love you to my Mom who has taught me to love myself and so therefore I love my child and down the line it goes. She has taught me to be patient , to be strong, and to be independant. And when you love never expect anything in return. I Love you Mom. Thank-you .Teresa

Back
Top Bottom