Checking in

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Z J

New
Reaction score
I am new to this forum and just checking out haw allof this works.

I like your squirrel on your profile. Squirrels are cool.

sabers.jpg

How's it going??
Meetz1064,
For now, pretty good. Last week, I had two grand Mals in one day. I've been having these things for over seven years, every form, every med (save one or two). Thing is, it didn't start out like this. I originally had an astrocytoma brain tumor in the dead center of my cabasa. I had my first grand mal on the table affecting my entire right side. It did not go away. At least not soon. Three weeks of treatment later my right side got where it needed to be. A year after that, the seizures started rearing their ugly heads again. I don't know what you call a record, but 6,375 seizures is one, and I'm nigh on to that. Didn't mean to go on and on about my situation, but there's so much history to all of our situations, and I'm not even through 25% of mine. How's it going on your end?

Birdbomb,
That squirrell was the one that I got to shake paws with involuntarily as he frisked me for bread on a camping trip last week.:e:

Hi ZJ, welcome to the forum. :hello:

I fixed the link for the blog feed in your profile.

The forum can seem a bit intimidating at first, but you will find that there is a lot of redundancy in the links on every page. It's really not that complicated. You'll be navigating the site like a pro in no time. :)

Hi Z J, welcome to our friendly home. This forum was made by Bernard out of love for his wife Stacy. That love permeates throughout the whole forum.

There are many nooks and crannies that you will find. Check out the Social Groups, as well. I belong to the Creative Writing Page and the Epilepsy and Mental Illness groups. there are others that you might like , too.

Hi ZJ:

I hope you like our bunch, they all seem to be just sitting in my living room at times. My heart goes out to you and your plight. What a soldier you must be! Welcome.:clap:

gigi

Thanks, gigi! This really helps getting in contact with fellow partners in crime! :e:

Hi Z J, and welcome!

I hope you get comfortable and explore all the different forums. There are ones for chatting and for venting. It sound like epilepsy has thrown a lot at you. I hope you find something that works to get the seizures under control.

Best,
Nakamova

It certainly sounds like this forum has everything. Thanks Nakamova.:e:

Back
Top Bottom