Fall time....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
What is "fall time" in music? Speber?

I should, very much, know this being a drummer myself but just want to make sure from someone who is an officially trained professional.

From my understanding, it is a rhythm that is on the downbeat instead of the up. In other words, if someone is trying to tap their foot to something by just the instinctual feeling that they have....they will always be that 1/2 second off and never right on track.

I guess what I was looking for an explanation of metre of a bar. I seem to have found pretty close to what I was looking for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metre_(music)

What eventually "beat" ;-) me what that I was never good at "off" tempos such as 3/4, 6/8, 9/8, simple and compound when comparing these times, paradiddle and the such. That made me very jealous of those who could. ;-)

I do understand your reference as before I started playing, I was, and still am, into audio reproduction as a whole, such as the production, continuity, axis and later decay of a wave. I still am an audiophile as a whole and am extremely critical of my equipment and it characteristics. It gets expensive quick.

It can get $$$$$.....that's for sure......

:paperbag:

Back
Top Bottom