Gray Hair!!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I think I found a gray hair today! Does this mean I'm getting old? :cry:

I'm not ready to get old yet, guess I might have to go buy some hair color?

Everyone in my family goes grey or gets receding hairlines really quickly in my family.

My big brother is under a year older than me and has had a receding hairline since he was about 21. I've had a couple of gray hairs, and i'm only 24 :0

My mum has only just turned 40 and she has to dye her hair an awful lot. Mmmmm genetics lol.

I started going gray in my early 20's, by the time I was 25 therre was so much gray people commented on it all the time...out came the Miss Clairol and I haven't looked back since. I'm 44 now and my roots come in COMPLETELY gray and white. It is genetic in my case, most of the women in my family have gone gray early...I'm just thankful I didn't inherit the bald gene too...my brothers got that :roflmao:

I think I found a gray hair today! Does this mean I'm getting old? :cry:

No, it means you are becoming wiser. :)

I have plenty of grey hair that started showing in my 30's. I plan to keep covering it until I can no longer breathe.
BTW, my nearly 24 year old son has a receding hair line already, so he will probably be one of those guys who goes bald early. Like Zoofemme, at least I don't have to worry about baldness.

LOL...I've got white hairs already too....I'm lucky...they are coming in on the sides, over my ears...quite distinguished looking I think! :)

Wait till you find one in your eyebrow, then try to pluck it out and find you have half an eyebrow left with a little white hair sitting in the middle! LOL.

Don't worry, with just one you can say the sun REALLY bleached it out (I said it for years)

I know not to pull out the gray ones, my grandma always told me that if you pluck one two will grow back in it's place!

I think bald guys are really good looking. My husband is in his mid fourtys with a full head of brown hair. I always tell him I wish he was bald, he just looks at me like I'm crazy.

I got grey hair in my 30's. Don't pluck any out, in your head or your eyebrows. color 'em. the day will come when you want ALL your hair, no matter what color.

Next comes the bifocals. lol....:banana:

I'm a dirty blond (take that any way you like) who's getting grey as well. I hesitate to color my hair because many hair color products have hydrogen peroxide which makes one's hair feel and look like straw.

I thought of using dye that has hemp in it. Has anybody tried that?

If you have no chemical dye on your hair right now you might want to try henna. I've always wanted to use it but never had the patience to let my gray hair grow out, lol. They make a henna for blondes and brunnettes as well as the red. It is very good and healthy for your hair. You cannot use it oover a chemical dye though.

Back
Top Bottom