How Do I adjust to moving to another Area

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

niceguyVZ

New
Reaction score
I haven't moved in 15 + years . beein in same house.

Soon i will have to move to some area and it's liike in a totally different area. INculding now, the moutains are nicely in the back and they're tall mountains in the background, but in the new area doesn't really have that.

it has a table kind of flat mountain and it's on the other side.

The current area where i live is nice neighborhood suburb with nice houses. Nearby shoopping centers, and multiple shopping centers separated by few blocks. So it's easy to shop and just go out and see nice stuff.
It's clean nice green lawns and stuff.

The area where i'll move is dirtier. more in the city , and more near the area where gangs mingle and stuff.

But i have no choice i'm poor and that's the only place i can afford with the disability money.

(im on disability)

I have phobiias and stuff and it's sad i'm going to an area i dont really like.

Any tips on how i can learn to acept it? :woot:

When I have to face changes, it helps to remind myself I am a living organism and it's in all living organisms nature to adapt to change.

But practically research, find out what kind of groups and associations there are that might be able to assist. Try hard to assimilate into your community be that church if that's your thing or a community group. Connecting with people and building social capital is what makes a place a community.

I moved from a kinda rough greater London borough - but it had a real sense of community to quite a nice rural / suburb area where no-one spoke to their neighbour. So it took a while to find community groups and be open about having E and needing lifts but most people are kind and often we have skills that we can share so your not a burden. Volunteering is a great way to make friends and scope out new area and get info on what goes on locally.

When I have to face changes, it helps to remind myself I am a living organism and it's in all living organisms nature to adapt to change.

But practically research, find out what kind of groups and associations there are that might be able to assist. Try hard to assimilate into your community be that church if that's your thing or a community group. Connecting with people and building social capital is what makes a place a community.

I moved from a kinda rough greater London borough - but it had a real sense of community to quite a nice rural / suburb area where no-one spoke to their neighbour. So it took a while to find community groups and be open about having E and needing lifts but most people are kind and often we have skills that we can share so your not a burden. Volunteering is a great way to make friends and scope out new area and get info on what goes on locally.

Very great post except you kind of forgot what i said that i'm disabled and with mental illness and brain damage. i'm not good at making friends i can't eeven talk much. and they don't accept me in volunteer places and i am not a smooth talking 30 year old guy. i can barely talk and barely think.
i can't "connect" and network like you said.

So it's hard for me. I have schizophrenia type symptoms too and all these gang stuff makes me really scared.

but i will try my best to accept

Sorry you didn't find it helpful. I have been profoundly disabled (using a social
model of disability) in the past both by epilepsy, mental health issues and medication impacting cognitive functioning. The suggestions I made were all things that helped particularly with my mental health recovery.

I hope other members will be able to give you advice that better suits your needs.

Back
Top Bottom