Job Loss

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I don't see any forum to find a friend to turn to for a bit of job-loss grief. I'd had this job for some time and, though it didn't pay much, I liked it. It had the flexibility that I needed to work around child care and care for my elderly mom who needs 24 hour a day care. The manager was a bit prickly but the customers I worked with were very nice and appreciated the work I did. I found out a few minutes ago that all that was gone. I guess many of us have gone through that these days, but it hits hard when it's you. Hey, guys, I need a tissue. Thanks for listening. A prayer or two wouldn't hurt, either. Like I said, I need a tissue for these tears.

Boy, I feel your pain...I have been there before, actually 3 times.
Here's a big hug...take things one at a time, do not get overwhelmed...not good for your E. We are all here for you to vent and I will add you to my prayer list. I know it is really hard.

I'll keep you in my prayers chatter box. But try to find something good in this....Maybe this is a perfect time to look for something better. ((( HUG))) We're here for you.

I'm a teacher and job cuts are hitting education as well. When I didn't know what would happen, I remember coming home and bringing it up to my hubby. His response...."Good, now you can do what you were meant to do with your life not what you chose." Gotta love hubbys of those with E. After dealing with my issues he's become quite the philosopher.---LMT

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your job. To quote a very wise Indian man, "sometimes not getting what you want can be the best stroke of luck." i hope that for you, in that every thing has a purpose, although we can't always see what it is at the time. Later you will look back and realize what maybe new opportunities opened for you because of this. Keep your head up, and your hubby sounds greatly supportive!

no sage advice-- just :rose::rose: hope it helps for a couple moments...

Thanks for your support, guys. It is really hard to hand in that name tag and loose that identity. I feel like instead of trying to get ahead, I'm just trying to retreat and hold on to what's left. I guess It's too soon to get past the suddenness of all this but you have got a point. Maybe retreat is not the way to deal with this. Maybe I can turn retreat into regroup and start again. Well, that sounds great on paper (or text) but this is all too sudden to face it today. I guess I don't do unemployment and depression real well, so maybe I'll pick a date on the calendar and circle it as the day I put this aside and get on to trying. Gosh, I sound more positive, already. Thanks, guys.

I know the feeling. I haven't worked for seven years cause of my seizures.

Hey, guys, I need a tissue. Thanks for listening. A prayer or two wouldn't hurt, either. Like I said, I need a tissue for these tears.

Hello chatter box, here's a box of tissues huilen003.gif

I feel for you. I'm a teacher and it's very important for my family that I can combine my job with the care for my special needs son and my other two kids.

Good luck for you, I hope you'll find something better.

Last edited:
Well, i'm not a praying person, but you're in my thoughts.

I really hope things work out for you, and who knows, maybe you'll get offered an even better job now!
I've been in your situation a couple of times before, and it's not a great place to be in.

Good luck! Take some time out until you feel a bit better, and then hopefully you'll be able to feel more positive

:hello:

Back
Top Bottom