Just another reason to hate Wal-Mart

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Birdbomb

VNS Guru
Reaction score
Wally would be spinning in his grave if he only knew....this :tdown: :razz2:

Now that is just pain rotten. Does Wal-Mart really think that $400,000 is going to cover their insurance costs? They knew that the money was placed into a special account for the persons
medical care. It's not like they were using it to buy fancy cars. or vacations.

Things like this really tick me off.

The man had to divorce his wife so she would get medical coverage! Wal-Fart is the most heartless business!

That's a pretty sad story, but it sounds like they screwed the pooch by accepting such a small* settlement from the trucking company's insurance (* relative to the cost of the woman's medical care).

That's really sad....It brought tears to my eyes. I don't understand why they would do that. It's not fair!!!

It's not fair, but it's how business is done these days. Little care for those who diligently work for a company they believe in, only to get screwed in the end.
Look at Enron. They don't have to pay a dime they screwed their employees out of.

Keep the small companies alive..
The owner of the company my husband works for, took 5 employees to Italy for the week.
I was left home to hold down the fort.

Update!!!!

9c3006b8.gif

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/law/04/02/walmart.decision/index.html

Must have been the presure from BAD press!

That is Terrible! My heart goes out to that woman and her family. The sad thing about situations like this one is if you get down to the main reason why people do these sort of things to others, one word sums it up. What is it you ask? GREED!! That's all it is. Sad. Huh?

I read both stories.. and although I am glad that Wal-mart is letting them keep the money, I am 100% positive it is ONLY because of bad press.. I avoid shopping there at ALL costs. Unfortunately, I live in a tiny town and with gas prices now days, we can't drive 45 minutes to get to Target or K-Mart. In a few months I'll be moving to a bigger town though.

Get the waders, It's pretty deep around here!

The Wal-Fart (and I ususally uses another F word instead of fart in it's name) near my home is a most unique facility. About once a month, ~I kid you not~ the area is blockcaded off, police helicopters fly, and cops EVERYWHERE cause someone called in another bomb threat. That store is sorely hated by many.

I would highly recommend renting the video
"Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price"

And maybe visit a few anit-Wal-Fart websites.

I made a vow never to shop at one, and I have yet to step foot inside of one of their stores. I despise that type of shopping. I don't need anything that bad

Even though they are the largest customer of the company where I work, I rarely shop there. Their business practices are hurting this country even more than the general public knows. Every other business out their pays more for their products because of the deep discounts that Wal-Mart demands. Many supplier's can't turn away from the volume that Wal-Mart represents, though more are starting to stand up to them and refusing to sell to them.

If people only realized that the few dollars they save at Wally World may cost them their own jobs or benefits or wage increases.

:soap:

Can I be in the "I Hate Walmart Club" too? They have singlehandedly lowered the public's expectations by offering shoddy merchandise at low low prices. They also treat their employees like dirt, and put out of business merchants who offer quality goods at prices that just can't compete.

Unfortunately, they are just about the only place to get certain things around here, unless we want to drive an hour away to shop someplace that doesn't suck. The one grocery store here (name starts with a "K") also sucks too, so what are you gonna do?

1.You kill off the competion
2.Move into low income neighborhoods
3.Hire old people to smile and search your bags
4.Profit $$$$$
5.Then take over the world!

Back
Top Bottom