My Good Black Friday news!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

O.k., many of you know I've been having a really hard time recently with my seizures and autoimmune disorders. Anyway, I haven't left the house much and have been spending a lot of time in bed.

But I LOVE to shop. I don't even mind the crowds. So I was determined this year I was going to try to go shopping despite my whole health mess. :agree:

I got on-line and decided which stores to go to first in order to hit all of them before the "early bird" specials expired at 9, 10, 11, and 1 pm. I knew exactly where I wanted to go, and what I was after. My husband and I planned to split-up and double-team the store departments; I told him what he was going in after. I layed out my "Master Plan." :roflmao:

I hate getting up early so we slept until 7am, dressed, went by McDonald's drive-thru for breakfast, and headed out on our mission.

I am so proud of my body. It held out from 8am to 4pm with no seizures.
Finally, at around 4:00 we went in Toys R Us and I finally gave out. My muscles went completely weak in Baby's R Us, but I had promised my toddler that we would go to Toys R Us too. We went in, but about 20 minutes later, I had a seizure.

I didn't even care about the seizure. This day is a VERY big deal for me as my seizures usually keep me confined to the house or at the very least, I seize within an hour of leaving home. But I made it all day and had fun!!!!

And for the bargain shoppers out there, you should be very proud of me...I spent $380 on gifts (that was for 14 people total) and I saved just over $500 :D

I wish I had a button I could wear that reads: "This woman with epilepsy kicked Black Fridays butt!" :banana:

Take Care everyone. -Julie :e:

:rock::rock::banana::rock::rock:

I'm proud of you, lady!! That took a lot of courage and determination and inner strength!! You go girl!!

:rock::rock::banana::rock::rock:

LOL....Great job Julie! Heck with savings like that, you should become a personal shopper! :)

Good for you, Julie. I'm happy for you. What is nothing to so many people is really a big deal to us. Congrats on your accomplishment and big savings!
Sincerely, Josie

Oh, wow!! Do you give lessons? ;)

What GOOD news.

Thanks everyone. LOL

I was like a kid in a candy store. Well, more like a mother on "Mission Impossible." ;)

But good grief was it fun! I love driving a shopping cart...(it's the only thing I can legally drive) I'm like the NASCAR driver of shoppers. :roflmao:

When I tallied up my savings, I was so thrilled. Amazingly, despite my "late start," I managed to get all but two items that I had planned to purchase.

If everyone wants to come to Georgia, we can have a big breakfast at McDonald's next year, make out our "Master Plans", and then divide and conquor! Just buy me breakfast and I won't charge for teaching you my shopping skills :pfft:

You all are good sports. Thanks a million. -Julie :e:

Back
Top Bottom