Need some advice about my friend.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I think a friend of mine is going through some sort of mental breakdown. I've known her for roughly 15 years. We're in our 30's so since high school. She's been posting red flag type posts online. I know she's popping Xanax, if it's prescribed or not I don't know. I've whitnessed her boyfriend mentally abuse her. She lost custody of her eldest daughter for some police charges. I don't know to talk to her about it. I don't live close to her anymore. Plus her boyfriend has 86'd all her friends coming over. I called an officer to check on her once because she posted that he choked her. I called anonymously. She told the officer the bruises were hickeys. I don't want to see her falling down this spiral she is on too the point of harming herself. Just last night she's talking about shutting the world out and blaming everyone who says anything it's their fault she is like this. I can't cut her off friend wise because I want to keep making sure she's alright. But she's said so many hurtful thing to me it's tough. I don't know if I should call someone or something because she has a 3 year old and I wouldn't want her turning anger towards the baby. I'm just at a loss how to handle the situation.

If she's been posting "red flag" posts, she's asking for help and it's worth trying to intervene and help. Can you get in touch with any of her family members? Are there any relatives she and her child could stay with? Getting her away from the boyfriend might be a helpful first step. Some towns have domestic violence counselors and/or shelters that may be able to provide advice as well.

Back
Top Bottom