No heat last night

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I live near Pittsburgh and last night it was below zero.

At around 11:30 our power went off and didn't come back on till 3:30. Only bad thing was the furnace never came back on so when we got out of bed it was only 47 in the house. Just a little cold!

I wasn't too bad all night because I had 6 blankets and 2 cats on me so I stayed pretty warm till I got out of bed and froze my butt off when I did.

Got the furnace fixed and we've got heat now. I don't ever want to have to go through that again!!!!

Hi here yesterday was -14 and windchill was -45 at times. All time low records. My daughter and her partners furnace went out and their pipes froze so they spent the day and night with me and thankfully today the furnace is working and they have water. Most house do not have heat over around 55-60degree and constantly running furnaces along with space heaters. Its terrible here. I am in West Central IL.

We were in the negatives for the last two days. My wife called to say the heat wasn't holding up. I just vacuumed enough hair to make two cats out of the filter. That got things goin a little better...

This cold is nothing to play with. Glad you were able to keep warm.

Luckily we have well water and the pipes are at least 5 feet under ground. I don't think they've ever froze, or even can?

We put space heaters in the living room to try and make it heat up faster but ended up blowing a fuse twice when we had them plugged in. We ended up unplugging just about everything that was in that room and were good after that.

I thought last night sucked for me but I can't even imagine what your family went through Penny!

If you're drawing that much power, make sure the plugs don't heat up too much. My house was made in the 40's and we have some power distribution problems. :D

Our house was made around the same time as yours N Sperlo. We do keep watch on the plugs and power strips that we have in.

I love this house, it was my great grandparents, but because it's so old there are a lot of issues that I have to deal with. There are barely any power outlets in each room so we have to be careful how much and what gets plugged in where.

I'm surprised because in the 7 years we've been here we've only blown a fuse maybe(?) twice. I just know those space heaters suck a lot of juice.

Oh boy. Never even thought of that. Their house is an old victorian 2 story building. I will be calling them as soon as they are home from work. thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom