Overcharged

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
After my auto accident I saw a chiropractor for my neck and lower back injuries. I understood that she would not charge me for my visits but would have a lein that would be reimbursed when I settled with the auto insurance company. I felt comfortable enough, since I work in medical, estimating what her charges might be. Come to find out, now that I have reached the settlement point... her charges were twice what my expectation was. Her charges are more than my emergency room visit the day of the auto accident. Once I settle her lein, there is going to be nothing left of my settlement to sustain my life-long treatment of epilepsy which was likely also a result of the accident. I truley feel that she seriously overcharged for my treatments. Now that she has a lein, though, I don't guess there is much I can do about it. Does anyone know?

You need to talk to a lawyer if you can't negotiate directly with the chiropractor.

You can try contacting one of those "people's lawyers" that offer generic advice for many newspapers. For example, this guy writes for the Houston Chronicle. You can also check with the law school at your local university for recommendations on free legal advice.

I have a lawyer. He is the one who requested the chiropractor's statements to submit to the insurance companies. I don't think a lien is legally negotiable.

Then, I

would say listen to what your lawyer has to say. And go from there. I don't know anything about liens to tell you the truth. Wish I did, but I don't. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom