Time frame Rx

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Mr. Pibb

New
Reaction score
Just wondering what you do when the Meds that you are taking fail to work or have adverse effects and you say to heck with this and want to go back to the old stuff or try something new. more or less looking to see how long you took to make the switch that period that it take to get off one and on to the other. When I got off my Mysoline (pyrimidine) 1000mg and on to the lyica which I don't like because I have difficulties concentrating and my ability to hold steady while shooting a bow, firing a rifle, holding a camera, paint also this med is so time sensitive Total time to get on this Med ond off the Dilantin August 2006 to May 2007.
How long for you to do the same, off one and onto the other med curious

Well, that all depends on the individual's metabolism, and the medications chemical structure. For some it may be right away as in an allergic reaction in other, it can take weeks, months or years to manifest.

Example; Depakote made me a raving maniac in less than 2 months but even though neurontin did the same thing it took about 5 months to manifest.

Back
Top Bottom