The wisdom of Charlie Sheen

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Endless

Even Keel
Reaction score
Quotes from Charlie Sheen. I'd swear he has E.

"You borrow my brain for five seconds and just be like 'Dude, can't handle it! Unplug this b%#$*&^!' ... It fires in a way that is perhaps not from this terrestrial realm."

"It's been a tsunami. And I've been riding it on a mercury surfboard."

"I'm still alive, which is pretty cool."

;)

Last edited:
what you quoted sounds like something this dude russell would say

Sighhhh.. okay, it's not Russell. It's Charlie Sheen. lol...

But really, tell us more about Russell. This should have it's own thread, since we aren't quoting. He sounds like a character.

Quotes from Charlie Sheen. I'd swear he has E.

I thought that the other day, while watching one of his more disturbing interviews. Funny how all the commentators immediately sneered, "not on drugs? Yeah, right!" afterward. No, you don't need to be on drugs to behave like that. How ignorantly society judges.

Good to see he was more "in control" by week's end. Not nice to have your breakdown plastered all over the media (even if you did invite them in).

Also, did anyone notice that when he says "it fires" that he put his hands to his head and made the same movement an epileptic would? Or at least the same movement I do, when I'm explaining how my brain has an "electrical storm".

I saw an interview with him today, and he did indeed seem more "normal", while remaining his usual egocentric and somewhat childish self...

He looks very much to me like someone exeriencing a manic episode. No drugs required for that kind of trip, but bipolar and substance abuse often occur together. I actually feel bad for the guy, because he most likelly has this raging mental ilness and it is destroying his life and career.
Or maybe he really IS just that much of an a*# hole. Who knows...

Interesting observation - I hadn't thought of bi-polar.

I feel bad for him, too. I think he's trying really hard for his kids. I think being in the public eye might actually help get him straight, though. A lot of very stark feedback coming his way. Its good he has a supportive dad that understands what he's going through, too.

I just saw an interview of him from 2007 on "In The Actor's Studio." He was perfectly calm and rational. He still had the colorful language and strange expressions, but it was delivered in a really low-key way so it was funny. He's actually a really funny guy, and freakin' brilliant. He is very intelligent and puts a lot of thought into the roles he plays.

I'm on the sidelines cheering for the guy. I've only known one person who was in recovery from drugs, and it's not easy.

He looks very much to me like someone exeriencing a manic episode. No drugs required for that kind of trip, but bipolar and substance abuse often occur together. I actually feel bad for the guy, because he most likelly has this raging mental ilness and it is destroying his life and career.
Or maybe he really IS just that much of an a*# hole. Who knows...

Sometimes those with bipolar disorder are a*#holes for being in such denial of their disorder and not allowing any kind of treatment besides (illegal) drugs and alcohol. I don't feel sorry for him at all. He is using this for attention, and boy, is he getting it. The highest paid actor on network TV and wants more $$. For what? Being an idiot?!

too much drugs to small of a mind a ego as big as the moon and stars , and still a jerk,fool and ahole

If you want lots of charlie sheen quotes check out livethesheendream.com

Its a bunch of guys I know who turned it into a website.

Great site, Rae!

:roflmao:

There are dozens of quotes on there. Most of his stuff is just plain nuts. As with any situation, you dust of the dirt and there is gold underneath. Some of it is inspirational and/or funny. Quotes below (things in parens are my comments) Quotes I liked:

"I'm alive. Bring it."

"Bi-polar? The world is Bi-polar"
(I assume he's talking about the north & south poles)

"Damn, I didn't take care of myself. Again."

"I have one speed. Go."

"Get back in the game, Dude."

"I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips, Dude"
(A bow to our forum members who belong to the poetry group!)

"Gnarly Gnarlingtons"
(That would be us!)

"Celebrate this moment"

"I have a disease? Bullsh**. I cured it with my brain."
(A bow to neurofeedback!)

Charlie Sheen? Wisdom?

bwahahah_70.jpg

Those three words do not even belong in the same sentence.
If he was Joe Average, he'd he locked up on a 5051.

6e8e3c99.jpg

I cannot stand the guy or his mediocre show. His current antics will not sit well with family court either. He'll be very lucky to get 1 hr supervised visits once a month. Jerk better get a lawyer but knowing him, he'll represent himself.

439c21c9.jpg
118850892813.gif

asshole.jpg

His current antics will not sit well with family court either. He'll be very lucky to get 1 hr supervised visits once a month. Jerk better get a lawyer but knowing him, he'll represent himself.

Boy, do I agree with that.

He DOES have some very deep problems, none of which are getting treated. Coming off drugs can make a person the opposite of the drug they are taking, to the extreme. The more I think about the bi-polar explanation, the more it makes sense, too. People with bi-polar often self-medicate. He really does need treatment, and not just for his drug addiction. I bet his dad is trying pretty hard to help him get what he needs.

Speaking as a person who became a real jerk and extreme mood swings on a drug (Keppra), and also when going off a drug (trileptal), I have sympathy.

Last edited:
Charlie

That seems to be common among Bi-polar individuals. Multiple tries at rehab does not offer results because of the self medicating issue. Not to mention when they are "up" there is no convincing of their fate absent sobriety. My ex has been to rehab several times, sworn off alcohol and drugs more times than I can count, and now in middle age he is just plain weird. (Charlie weird) He was diagnosed bi-polar years ago, but never came to terms with the diagnoses. Charlie on top of all this has easily developed an inflated sense of self importance, which does not help him. Plenty of enablers surrounding him.

When in doubt, ask yourself. What would Charlie Sheen do?

When in doubt, ask yourself. What would Charlie Sheen do?

WWCSD? will become a catch-phrase for sure.

I hadn't event hought of E as a possibility. He's behaving so much like a few people I know who have been through manic phases that I never thought of other possibilities. Considering the amount of people I've come across who seem to get neurological or psychological diagnoses, depending on the doctor they see, it wouldn't be a surprise.

Well E could make sense because of all the drugs and drinking he could severely damage his brain so I guess it is a possibility

Back
Top Bottom