50 Scholarships Available for Kids Speak Up! 2008

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

KAM

Stalwart
Reaction score
This came to me by email from the Epilepsy Foundation:

"Are you the parent, guardian, medical provider or friend of a child/young adult with epilepsy? Do you want to help the Foundation in its efforts to find a cure, improve treatments and end workplace discrimination? Then submit an application for Kids Speak Up!

Kids Speak Up! is a national conference for youth leaders with epilepsy. It provides 7-16 year olds with a unique opportunity to educate elected officials and staff about the disease. It’s also the first chance for many participants to speak out and meet other youth with epilepsy."

Kids Speak Up! will be held March 30 - April 1, 2008 in Washington, DC.

If you are interested, this is the link:
http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org/advocacy/events/Kids-Speak-Up/index.cfm

You & Robin would be perfect for the trip. Let us know how it goes.

I meant you & Rebecca, it's been a long week!

We get confused quite often... especially in looks:roflmao:

Rebecca, was not chosen to go to Washington, but her name is on the list to be a regional representative. We will see what that involves when they contact her.

R~

Dear Friends,

Thank you for applying for the 2008 Kids Speak Up event in Washington, DC. Several weeks ago we mailed all applicants a letter indicating whether they had been accepted into the program. We have also called and emailed many of you. Unfortunately, some families are still unsure of their status for this event.

Please find attached to this message a list of children and young adults that applied to participate. Applicants are grouped into three categories. First, those that were accepted to come to Washington, DC. Second, those that were named regional KSU representatives. Lastly, those that did not meet the age requirements for the program. Individuals on the list are organized by state.

For those of you that were accepted to come to Washington, the deadline to register is February 21. You may register online at .......*
For those of you selected to serve as KSU Regional Representatives, we will contact you shortly with more information about this program. In general, we will ask you to work with others in your community to generate support for the Foundation’s important advocacy programs. If you have questions about this program, please contact me at jlamountain@efa.org or 202.288.5124.

Lastly, for those of you that did not meet the age requirements for the program, we still want you to remain involved. We will register you as part of our Speak Up, Speak Out network and as an advocate you too can help generate support for our cause. You may also reapply for next years program, provided you are between the ages of 7 and 16.

Many thanks for your support of the Epilepsy Foundation. Please contact me if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Joe

Joseph LaMountain

Director of Grassroots Advocacy

Epilepsy Foundation

Did they ever tell you how many applied to go to Washington? I'll be interested to hear the info on the regional rep.

Back
Top Bottom