[Info] Dr. Terry Wahls - Minding Your Mitochondria

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RobinN

Super Mom
Reaction score
A lecture by an MD (Dr. Terry Wahls) who "cured" herself of MS in 2007 using diet alone. She sums up sooo much of what we now know to be true about diet and our health. She even mentions gluten and casein at the end of her lecture! PLEASE watch this and send it to anyone you know with MS, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Huntington's chorea, epilepsy, fibromyalgia or any other neurodegenerative OR neuropsychiatric disorder (e.g. ADHD, autism, depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder)

[ame]http://youtu.be/KLjgBLwH3Wc[/ame]

Interesting stuff. The husband of a friend of mine suffers from MS. He walks with braces, or is in a wheelchair most of the time, but he's recently been told that his MS seems to have "plateaued" and isn't getting any worse. He became a vegetarian a few years back, and that may have been one reason the progress of his disease has slowed, and perhaps stopped.

My dad also had MS. his went into remission for over 5 years at a time and a friend of mine had MS that went into remission for 11 years.

I've seen Terry Wahls before & there's nothing that proves her diet didn't help but sadly what has happened to her is not uncommon in people who haven't used her diet with MS as well.

Last edited:
Sometimes faith in your choice of treatment works the best. Often immediately after taking an aspirin my headache feels better then might come back for a bit until the aspirin actually kicks in. Placebo effect.

That is why whenever clinical trials are performed they need double blind procedures to increase its validity.
Many neurological disorders mentioned above seem to resolve themselves unrelated to any treatment if you study them in medical journals and books. It seems we all have that desired lottery ticket for better health totally unrelated to our actions.

In the video she says that she and others have been testing her theory about the dietary approach, and were presenting their results at an upcoming conference -- anyone know what those results were, or how they were received?

Back
Top Bottom