Found this on Youtube

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi: I found this on Youtube. go on Youtube and type in parrotpotterstudio you find this nice man that tells his story about is walking EEG. His video is titled: Epilepsy or unknown seizures? I learned a lot from him. The jerking thing before he goes to sleep, I often do this. I had it real bad the other night while I was waiting for the big storm IKE. I thought this was normal and everyone did this. Anyway, I thought he was interesting.

I was going to pull it up here, but the video is really difficult to watch. His bird is really annoying, and it makes it hard to hear him.

yes it is

Yes, it is. I found him interesting because he has many videos and he is very creative. Then he starts to have depression, he calls these videos just D or d. He speaks from a male point of view and I found that interesting also. If you can get past the bird he has a lot to say. He also speaks about how he feels about his medications and how he feels on medication. I also liked what he said about his neuro and how he said no seizures then came back and changed his mind after seeing his EEG. All seizures were at night or as he said just before he was falling asleep. Anyway, he's kind of cool and it is interesting to see his earlier videos and see how his depression has changed him....or manybe interesting is a poor choice of words. Just seeing him lose weight and change in his personality, his anxiety level is increased and he shares about it. It is almost like seeing his experience with seizures and depression unfold for us. It was nice of him to post them.

Watched the video...I thought most people jerked just before going to sleep. I did notice today that when I layed down for an afternoon nap, that my right leg kicked quite strongly.

Deb

I thought this was normal also. I often feel like I am falling and I am then glued to the bed. I did have a period of time where I would spend like 20 or so min. trying to wake up. I could hear myself saying wake up but could not...I am not sure if these were dreams as I was anxious about missing my time to pick my kids up and I felt guilty about sneaking a 20 min. nap before carpool. Thanks Robin and Marshlakemom for looking at them. Did you see the one where he was wired with his EEG??? I hate that he is sad or anyone being sad for that matter.

Lots of people have jerking when they fall asleep, it's actually pretty normal.

I don't know why he says in that video that depression normally doesn't go with epilepsy, I always thought it did. I'm no doctor but I can't help but wonder if what he's experiencing at night is periodic limb movement disorder, it goes hand-in-hand with sleep apnea, which he says he has.

Back
Top Bottom