• Right Hand

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Left Hand

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Completely Ambidextrous with no dominant hand

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I have heard lots of people say that if you are left-handed then epilepsy is more likely, do you think that's true?

I don't know. There might be something to it. It might be true; there might be some rule in nature that says some certain amount of lefty's must have epilepsy. You never know.

Also know. The lefty to righty ratio is highly disproportionate. Worldwide, it is believed that 8-15% are left handed. So if anything changes the lefty population you could say it's a plague. lol

It is ironic that we are both lefty and are both the first in each one of our families to get epilepsy.

I'm a righty and the first in my family to get epilepsy. The left-handed folks in my family are all fine.

I'm ambidextrous but I suppose I favour my right hand more than my left for writing though I can do it with both.

There's quite a few people in my family with epilepsy but I think I'm the only one in my generation.

I'm left handed... hate it when the banks chain their pen to the right hand of the counter!
xx

I'm naturally right handed but I force myself to do many things with both hands. This has greatly helped my brain to work better.

It's great being left handed.
I love it when people say "You're left handed!!"
I through my pen down and say, "Wow, I never knew that!"
Usually gets a laugh.

Ambi here! I suspect I was a lefty at birth but was corrected to write with my right hand. I don't favor one over the other. I'm the only one in my family to ever be diagnosed with epilepsy.

My husband has two sisters. He and one of his sisters are left handed just like my father in law. I guess their handed ness is inherited, lol.

My three kids are very right hand dominant.

Back
Top Bottom