Feeling Like Cow Poo : (

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MaeDae

New
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been experiencing some new stuff (I think?). Like, for the last couple of days when I eat or drink anything ie water etc..., I get all weirded out, hard to explain the feeling, I first feel reved up and then feels like Im going to black out or it does the reverse, I feel like im going to black out and slowly get reved up. I dont like this at all, I'm breathing heavier/harder at times and my limbs feel real heavy, especially after climbing stairs. The best way to explain I guess would be to say I feel like im emploding. There's been a lot of confusion, I mean a whole lot. Im looking for things that are in my hands, forgetting how to start washer or dryer, not fully understanding what people are saying and talking jibberish? Been sleeping like the dead also. Cant focus or stay focused, drifting to various tasks, very irritated, emotional, I think because of the past events, but saturday evening was the worse, i was sitting there watching tv and all of the sudden, it felt like i was in a kneading maching, every muscle in my body felt like it was twisting, after that, I got very very tired, to the point that I had to lay down, I was out immediately, it seemed like I had been sleeping for hours, but it was only for 10 mins or so. last week, at my desk, I was falling asleep, felt like I had been drugged. It was the same time every day just about, of course went to bed earlier each nite, didnt seem to help. I've been taking meds and taking em on time. In general, I really havent been feeling all that great. I've been forcing myself to get up, do what i need to etc..., just feel like cow poo. No motivation, no nothing. I t hought I was catching the flu, nope, just bad sinuses. maybe side effect from divalproex just now showing up?

maryltyme

I am so sorry you are feeling like this, I remember feeling something like that and it was my meds so maybe you might think about mentioning it to your doc.

mary, no harm in asking doc to measure the levels of the med in your blood, maybe they have u on too much???

big hug...

I suspect the divalproex is at fault, given the timing. it may be the wrong med or wrong dosage for you. Let your neurologist know.

Check out this site: http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=18723&name=DEPAKOTE
Folks mention fatigue, memory loss, fogginess, etc. as side effects.

Wow, I have a lot of those symptoms, funny, I was fine the first month, then all of a sudden, boom!, I also have stomach aches and terrible cases of diaherra, i chalk it up as something I ate, usually milk products. Honestly, I get tired of calling dr's and telling them this and that, I wish sometimes they would pick up the phone and ask, especially since I don't remember have the time. I also noticed that more than 80% of that poll was being treated for bipolarism. This was helpful to me, now I get to think about what to do next. do I wait til next visit in April or do I call and tell of side effects, Oh yea, hair is falling out too. I also noticed, that I seem to lose weight when Im sleeping for long periods (sounds crazy, but true). I slept a good part of this weekend, lost almost 5lbs. And this has happened before, back in November, just before I started this med, I slept one entire weekend and woke up a couple of pounds thinner.

Thanks again Nakamova,
Thanks everyone for chimming in, means a lot!

There is a stomach flu going around right now. Maybe that is playing havoc with medication levels.

Back
Top Bottom