I didnt say a word.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MaeDae

New
Reaction score
Its my fault, i should have spoken up, I dont know what I was thinking.

Dr: Ok Mary, so how is everything?

ME: Everything is fine
( thinking: girl don't tell him your seeing crap out of the corner of your eyes, that at first you where feeling great, now you have new abrupt little crap happening, that your mood swings aren't gone, that your left arm gets tight like having a vice grip on it, that you wake up feeling like your not breathing or that your heart has stopped, you get unplugged for a for a few brief seconds but its the worse unplugged feeling you've ever gotten, that your losing sleep and your tired as you know what, that you get agitated and cry a the drop of a hat, your depressed and hopeless and just want to give up).

ME: Only one problem, I'm not sleeping well. (got a lot on my mind, I feel good, but I don't feel good, the episodes really scare me)

DR: Change the time you take the second dose, take it earlier and see if that helps.
ME: OK (Speak now fool, speak now)

DR: Great, I'm glad to see the divalproex is working for you, only a few concerns, we need to watch your liver function, will do some blood work and i'll see you in about 4 months?
Me: Ok, sound good (Speak fool, speak)

Dr: How are you on meds? Do you need a refill?
Me: No sir, I'm good (maybe i'll bring it up next time?)

yes i do, I know exactly what I was thinking, and why I didnt care?
that , I dont know.

I think we just want so much for it to be perfect -- the perfect med, seizure control with no side effects, perfect for us, perfect for the doc, wouldn't that be easier for everyone...

Make sure to write it all down -- what's working and what isn't with the Divalproex -- so next time you can just hand a sheet of paper to the neuro. And if he side effects are getting intolerable, go ahead and call the neuro to let him know sooner rather than later.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

Back
Top Bottom