kidney infection

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

angel

New
Reaction score
you go to the doctors for a bladder infection and she says you for sure have IBS because she is some kind of kidney genius... so she writes you meds for ibs only to call you the next day to ask if you have any antibiotix because she found out it is a bladder infection... haha and wants you on them right away....

OH brother:noevil:

I do hope that she learned a lesson about making rash judgement calls.
I hope that you feel better Lorrie. Seems like you need to find a doctor to help you figure out why your body continues to produce infections in this area.

I've had dozens of kidney infections. One landed me in the hospital with a Cipro drip for 5 days! What my urologist suggested is this supplemet called THERA CRAN. Google it, because I'm not sure where you can get it. I think I'm on "auto ship" from iHerb. And the best news is: I haven't had a kidney infection since I started taking Thera Cran, 2 years ago.

I am in hospital at the moment with an acute kifney infection (using my blackberry) I am on iv antibiotics and morphine. I should have seen about this earlier and I cannot urge anyone who has an infection to see a doctor asap. The pain is awful. All being well I should be home Monday.

((((gentle hugs)))) to you, Tempus.

I hope you feel well soon.

Meetz
:rock:

Could there possibly be a connection between your current seizure activity and the kidney infection? It is possible that it was infected for some time prior to your noticing it.

*hugs* to you all! I was finally discharged yesterday.

Like you Phylis, they put me on an IV cipro drip - which seemed to help after four days. I was also on a course of ethromycin (sp) and now have to take amoxycillin for a further ten days. They scanned my kidneys and found that my right one (where I had the most pain) was enlarged. Kind of figures now!

I am still on strong painkillers (tramadol) but at least I am home. Will be off work for at least another week.

Robin - it is very, very likely and this is what the doctors think. I have been noticing pain for sometime, but just put it down to other things and not connecting the two together.

If there are any lessons to be learned from this: I will definitely stop procrastinating in the future. If I feel any pain, then I am seeing my GP asap. If I don't feel well, I am not prepared to take any chances. If I get accused of over-reacting, well - so be it, but I certainly don't want to be that unwell again.

Edit: Just an aside - but whilst I was being very ill on Wednesday night - I had two TC's (one whilst I was at home, the other in the hospital).

Another thing that really annoyed me - I was always under the impression that E medication should be taken at exactly the same time (morning and night). I have religiously taken mine at 8am and 8pm respectively (and with little leeway). Whilst I was in hospital, I was lucky to receive my morning tablets by 10am (sometimes as early as 6am) and then in the evening, it could be as late as 12 midnight. I asked if I could self-medicate, but of course the answer was a big no! Incredible really :s

Last edited:
Welcome back to the land of the living. Boy, you really had SOME kidney infection. I'm glad that you've resolved to be pro-active next time. As for meds...I always bring my own.

Keep feeling better.

BIG Hugs!

LOL Tempus welcome to the wonderful world of the NHS. I have to tae my meds 4 times a day, at very set times as gabapentin has a short half life. I'm meant to take it at 7am, 1pm, 7pm and 1am. I NEVER got given my 1am dose, ended up discharging myself AMA as I was in there for having a bad seizure, yet as I wasn't given my meds properly, I wound up having more seizures. Tried to complain and just got told that there were a lot of staff off sick at that time...not been admitted since, always leave AMA now.

That sounds like a very BAD joke. You were admitted to the hospital for having a very bad seizure and they FORGOT to give you your meds on time??? That's why I BYOM. (Bring your own meds!) Unless, of course I'm unconcious. Then it's very inconvenient!

Back
Top Bottom