teeth implants? :-(

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mommymela

New
Reaction score
So, I started having seizures again about 3 weeks away from license time, and that alone sucks. When it started a couple weeks ago, I fell flat on my face, biting completely through my top lip, knocking out three of my front teeth, and breaking my nose. Seriously? I got a temporary bridge, but it's uncomfortable and embarrassing. My dentist said we can talk about implants when the swelling goes down. Has anyone here had dental implants? What was the process like? how much time did you have to take off work? I really would love to hear anything about it, I need to know that I will feel like I have all my teeth again. Because right now...damn. Another thing, I have a but of scar tissue in my lip from biting through, is that something that can be removed? I have been googling but I want to know how this experience was from an actual person.

I'm pretty sad about losing the teeth. I never thought something like this would happen.

Sorry to hear about your seizure and the problems it has caused you.

I haven't had teeth implants, sorry can't help you out.

Hope all goes well.

Oh my goodness! What a horrible way to say hello to seizures again. Broken teeth, broken nose and just weeks away from getting your license back.
I wish I could help you with your questions about teeth implants.
I bit through my bottom lip as a child and I still have a scar under my lip on my chin which is white and visible and the one inside my lip is barely visible at all. I don't feel it at all and it is a slight little line on the inside of my lip that you have to really closely look for and only if you know what you are looking for.

Yeah, it was a lot more of a shock because I was already planning how my life was going to become more normal, less docs, no bus, more working...in fact I had just left orientation for work. It was like epilepsy just wanted to randomly backhand me and remind me I'm it's bitch. I hope my lip heals as well as yours!

Oh no! :( I'm so sorry all that happened Mel.

I don't have any advice but I have plenty of
***hugs***.

Mel -
So sorry about the seizure & so close to being able to get your licence back aswell :(.

I'm so sorry, how awful! I wish I had some experience to share with you. I do know that my dad worked with someone who had several teeth implants, and he said he never would have been able to tell if the guy hadn't told him.

i lost three front teeth samething...depressing.dentist said implants would not help me plus cost fortune.i think you got do implants rather quick after teeth out....my mate got implants and dentist said they had 5yr life she turkish so may have it wrong.....if you got the money for plane trip go on dental tour eastern europe including your airline ticket it be well over half price of america.three days it takes and you get high end replacements and surgery on lip..i came back to uk sitting next to american who had the works done she was well plesed at saving and treatment

Back
Top Bottom