Well, that's an interesting side effect...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jubileel

New
Reaction score
I've just switched Miss Ginsie from Potassium Bromide to Zonisamide for her Epilepsy. The vet warned me that she would seem to have a lot more energy once the PB starts to get out of her system. It's been only five days and she certainly is more energetic! However, the funny thing is that Ginsie has started "talking" to me. She use to only "talk" (it sounds like a LOT of grumbling) when she was whining for something or otherwise frustrated. Now she is "talking" almost nonstop! I really need to capture it on youtube and post it....

Anyway, I thought a dog "talking" was a very funny little side effect of the medication!

Is it "happy" talk? Or "why aren't you sharing that steak with me" talk?

Are you sure it's a side-effect or can it be an effect of not feeling so run down from seizures:ponder: ?

She hasn't had any seizures since about Dec 12 so I doubt it's a side effect of that. If it was, I'd expect it within a couple of days of the seizure, not the change in medication.

The sounds she's making aren't "I'm in pain!" sounds as much as they are "I'm bored! Where's the treat box?". ;-)

Back
Top Bottom