Brain Surgery show on Nat Geo

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
There is an interesting show on National Geographic showing Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson's disease.

It's amazing to see what neurosurgeons do on a regular basis.
Very thankful there are super smart people who have chosen to become neurosurgeons!!

One of my cousins underwent similar surgery for his Parkinson's. I don't have NatGeo channel, so I won't be watching this tonight.

Let us know what you think.

I wasn't able to watch it all last night. I'm going to try to finish it tonight or sometime this week.

From what I saw, it appeared that the stimulation was helping his tremors. I hope it works for him. It was incredible watching the parts I was able to see. Can't wait to get back to it to see the results!!!

I watched it live. It really was amazing - as soon as they turned on the stimulation, the tremors stopped! Within seconds, he typed a message to his wife on his iPad for the first time in 10 years. They did say toward the end that only 10% of Parkinson's patients are eligible for the surgery.

Back
Top Bottom