k smarty any ideas for me ??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

CWE Supporter/E Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
i had this in another thread but it's an old one so re-posting.

question team.......... my next little 'milestone' is 150 days-free..... and of all bloody days it's on new years eve!!!! no way you don't take advantage of that!! any good suggestions? tell me tell me!

i wanted a spectacular first seiz-free christmas in 20 years, but due to the bullshit life i keep choosing to lead it has turned out not to be anything, but new years eve i want to make sure of it. entering 2014, the possibility of having my first seizure-free year since i was 14?!
omg (just realized)... 14 and 14 - it's meant to be!!

yeah bring it!! seriously folks i'd like to hear even lame ideas haha try me! (lmao NAK when are you going to hold that orgy? new years eve then?!).

:hugs:

I'd go with the orgy! I could use something like that right now!! Tell me where and when and I will fantasize that I can be there!
Have yourself a great Christmas and New Year's, OK? Have a good time for those of us that ain't seizure free. (yet?)

BTW, you still have some time to do SOMETHING non-bullshit for Christmas, Don't ya?

Cheers!

thanks ;) but unfortunately the orgy is all on nak's shoulders, it was her idea and she's apparently been organizing for like, uh, almost a year? :roflmao:

so, that possibility aside... tell me! what are you doing, maybe it's something i think sounds good.
as far as the non-bullshit christmas, well. best i could do is drinks/appies/cards at my parents. i'll make it the best i can it's just that those three things are a fairly usual visit there, not sure how to make it feel christmasy, like SPECIAL christmasy ya know?

qtowngirl

This is going to be one time when you can sit back with a good DVD and a glass of wine and think ya right you thought I was not going to fight back, were you wrong. When the DVD is over you go outside and sing your hearth out.

Always remember to forget
The troubles that pass away.
But never forget to remember
The blessings that come each day.

You deserve this so enjoy it.

sing?!?! oh i love ya liam but if you heard me singing from ireland you'd be like 'oh crap that was bad advice!' I SUCK. however if i do end up alone what the hell, to myself (lol esp. with a bottle of wine) i sound great!

thanks friend ;)

qtowngirl

Who said you have to be alone and I never said you needed to be able to sing, why do you think my neighbors moved out. I used a megaphone they are great, never could figure out about that flying fridge? :roflmao:

:roflmao:

well tbh then i just finished making a christmas cd for c. eve at my parents and lol.... i can sing pretty good to elvis 'blue christmas'!! check it out then try not to sing - forget that it's such a catchy song!!!

Here's an idea! go to hulu plus (maybe netflix has it, too) and watch some episodes of "Miranda". That is perhaps the funniest show I have ever seen. :)

Not a wild and crazy thing to do but something I do hope I make time for on Christmas & New Years Eve & New Years Day.

I hope to take myself to a peace-filled place alone with my horses; I want to spend this time giving thanks for a crazy year that ended in peace, for my loved ones, for my dear horses. Especially on New Years I want to focus on staying grounded, returning to neutral, while the storm of life rages around me. A time I can remember and return to all year long.

Most of all I want to smile because, despite everything that happens, life is dear.

Love to all - Dolores

Last edited:
I've spent a wee while thinking about this and im afraid the orgy is the way to go,not sure how you would feel about your parents cumming.......oops! Coming along!?!

Im not sure about the protocol off how you Canadians celebrate New Year,the same the world over i guess.

How about a large firework display,with the the biggest rocket been the main celebration off your achievement? Also as Arnie has said above set off a few for those still having seizures or just starting out on the long,twisting,doubling back,going forward journey.Perhaps you could get someone to take a few photos to put on CWE?

But remember and play it by ear Q,im sure chilling out with a few glasses off wine knowing inside that this year has gone according to plan with your loved ones would be just as satisfying.

Whatever you decide let us know,im sure to YOU it will be great!!!

Lots a :hugs: Crash!

lmao and *tsk* *tsk* you bad boy! and yeah, ummm, lol, ixnay on the arentspay.

celebrations def the world over, pretty much the same. and fireworks/pics for the forum, that's a new idea! well i guarantee if i decide on anything like that i'll take pics for sure!!!

and lol i'm guessing that's a joke too! 'according to plan with my loved ones' that's funny! less than a handful that haven't severely let me down since surg, aka why i have no idea what i'm doing for new year's eve. like i said i may just drop by your place in scotland ;)

i do know either way and regardless of what i do i'll rub my scar and think of all of you........

My employer terminated me as i am epilepsy patient :( wat to do ? Doctor certified i am fit and all why they did anything i can do they forced for resignation only under health work is good everything is good and i did nt gave so they terminated saying epilpesy and not satisfactory work. help me

If you have a few quite hours to fill perhaps create a vision board of all the things you want to do for 2014.

Q

Last edited:
awww queenie thank you, not a bad idea. esp. after this was to feel like a special christmas/new years as my first seizure-free in 20 years... and it ended up the worst. christmas eve - horrid. so, making a list for 2014 may just be my 'new' new years eve, as after xmas eve i've given up trying to make it special. F it. and if i do i'll do it alone, so yeah, sit with a big board and marker.

-soul search as of jan 1st.
-put my necessary safety first, aka i am recovering from brain surgery and that should be considered the most important rather than everyone else's daily bullshit.
-medically cleared and going back to my 2nd job (am a casual, off 5 months rather than 6 which was the original plan) as of jan 14th.
-though a bit nervous about being out amongst such public again i will embrace it (and the paycheque ;)).
-accept that a 'new life' is not going to happen unless i make it happen; some close to me have proven of late that my safety does not come first.
-accept that at such an early stage of post-surg, the priority is more being seizure-free than happy. happiness is not a possibility in my life right now however i'm HAPPY that i'm day 144 seizure-free. i'm alive.
-accept that my boyfriend is who he is, and is likely not the one. he has said in the past 48 hours (and thank you, right at christmas) that it wasn't worth moving home for surg b/c making such a big change was to make me seizure-free and happy. and that b/c i'm not happy (regardless of him being the reason) it's not enough. GULP, i can't believe what i just heard this morning. 144 days without a seizure isn't enough? "#%^@%$
fits fairly part and parcel when back on day 27 i started counting my days, and instead of being happy with/for me, he stayed worried that it wasn't enough. no 'that's awesome!' hug or anything.
-use a common comment of his to relish my neverending strength, my new freedom. as his personal life carried so much stress that my seizures got worse, he says if he had any balls he would have left me a long time ago. well, okay, maybe i'll grow balls for the both of us (aka for us girls it's 'pulling my big girl panties up')... and end it for him. such a life change (i had planned to marry him) is a huge risk on my brain however the stress of a broken heart will F me mentally sooner or later, why keep an added risk.

hmmm so anyways my queen, i like your idea and it looks like i've already started my board...... :hugs:

Last edited:
I love Queenies idea of a vision board & sounds like you have some good ideas Qtown.

I hope this new years eve is a great one :)

my next little 'milestone' is 150 days-free..... and of all bloody days it's on new years eve!!!! no way you don't take advantage of that!! any good suggestions? tell me tell me!

damn. there's a good example of mental (tho slight) issues after brain surgery.
some time ago i counted my days to the first day of 2014. it was 150 on the 1st, i thought it was awesome.
then for whatever reason i counted again a few weeks ago and 150 was dec 31st. woot woot! just as awesome, and added an extra bonus to celebrating new year's eve. for whatever reason a minute ago i counted again (i'm one that thrives on having the right facts, esp. as i'm having memory issues since surg, they're actually getting worse)... and it IS 150 on jan 1st.
i get this isn't that big of a thing, but it concerns me how i could get something wrong so many times. what else may i be 'forgetting'? haha (not) how to count?
so, my day 150 (love such round numbers :)) does start at midnight, so i'll treat it the same. nice big number on the first day of a new year - one without seizures, what a nice change that will (hopefully) be.

on that note i'll still ask for ideas...... ha anything else i should write on my sounding board? :bigmouth:

damn. there's a good example of mental (tho slight) issues after brain surgery.
some time ago i counted my days to the first day of 2014. it was 150 on the 1st, i thought it was awesome.
then for whatever reason i counted again a few weeks ago and 150 was dec 31st. woot woot! just as awesome, and added an extra bonus to celebrating new year's eve. for whatever reason a minute ago i counted again (i'm one that thrives on having the right facts, esp. as i'm having memory issues since surg, they're actually getting worse)... and it IS 150 on jan 1st.
i get this isn't that big of a thing, but it concerns me how i could get something wrong so many times. what else may i be 'forgetting'? haha (not) how to count?
so, my day 150 (love such round numbers :)) does start at midnight, so i'll treat it the same. nice big number on the first day of a new year - one without seizures, what a nice change that will (hopefully) be.
Qtown.
I think you did pretty well to be able to work out how many days since your surgery (if you calculated it yourself) lol.

I never counted how many days seizure free I was after my surgery & instead I counted the months until I got to 12 months then 18 months then just counted the years.

When I saw this thread I was telling my Mum how long you were seizure free & I said I'd be buggered if I knew how many days I am seizure free :pfft:. I always mark the day of my surgery as the day I became seizure free because even though I think I had my last partial about 2 weeks before my surgery I think I had at less 1 or 2 auras not long before the surgery that I didn't write down.

I ended up finding a website that converted the dates into days, even does the time (hours, minutes, seconds lol)
So as of Today (Fri 27th Dec) it is 1,023 days since my surgery which is 146 weeks and 1 day.

This is the site I used http://www.convertunits.com/dates/

lol damn girl, that is soooo great! 146 weeks that's huge!

what were ur memory problems like? did you have any with it being your left side?

k i checked out the site, cool!!

i am 12,441,600 seconds seizure-free! millions of 'em!
and now 12,441,601...602...603...

lol damn girl, that is soooo great! 146 weeks that's huge!

what were ur memory problems like? did you have any with it being your left side?
My memory doesn't seem to be affected much.
It isn't much different to what it was before my surgery, sometimes i might forget things or forget words but usually its when I'm talking to people who are aware of my epilepsy & dodgy memory lol.

When I had my 3 month post surgery follow up appts I had another memory test with my neuropsych. I emailed her a couple of days later to get the results of the memory test, in the email I said 'ok how screwed up is my memory :roflmao:'.
When she replied she told me not to be so hard on myself, she said I did well in the memory test & my memory was in the normal range. I joked with my family & friends who know me well that I dont like to be classed as normal :pfft:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom