Seizure control with 6 hr seizure meds

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Zolt

New
Reaction score
I have somewhat of a good seizure control medicine scheme. Thanks to Gabapentin my seizures have been mostly in the mornings. 20 of my last 22 seizures have been in the mornings, since taking Gabapentin. Thats pretty good, compared to the years i was on other meds and they would happen at anytime of the day.

The reason it works, is because it only works for 6 hrs. So after my last pills at 7pm, it stops working after 1am. The key is when one wakes not to take any meds for 1 hour after waking. This way if a seizure will happen, it will happen in this one hour period. I would assume any 6hr med would do the same.

This to me is fantastic, nothing better than to control what time my seizures will happen. If you can't stop them from happening, it's great to know there is some way to rope them in and corral them.

If you have seizures, wouldn't you want to have them in the mornings and be through with them? Rather than having them anytime in the day? Assuming you have regular seizure and don't have full control with meds.

But in order for this to work, you should only be taking one med that works for 6hrs.

I would love to hear if anyone can repeat this?

Cheers

:piano: :pop:

Back
Top Bottom