A clean house

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seizuregirl

Stalwart
Reaction score
I was told last night that my Maternal Grandfather was coming over today to help my Father with the wiring of a 1950's car that my Father is working on, and I found myself cleaning the house top to bottom starting last night and I finished a short while ago.

My twin and father kept asking me why I cleaning like this when we keep a clean house already, yes there are some "dirty"spots such as some dishes left in the sink from dinner the night before waiting to be put in the dishwasher, the carpet is vacuumed 6-7 times a week (the kitchen floor is swept too), but it isn't left in a horrible mess where you could step in garbage every time you move, every counter or table is full of old soda cans or bottles, etc, etc., and my reason is that, "Grandpa's coming over!"

When I told them that it was because he's coming over, my father told me, "He's only going to be in the garage telling me what to do. Then he'll go home, happy to get away from me!" (side note, my father cheated on my Mother 20-some yrs. ago and my Grandfather told everyone that he would never speak to him again.)

My Grandfather is in his 80's and is still able to take care of himself, and we, sister's and I, are amazed at how big his heart is and how willing he is to let past feelings and grudges go! He could have easily hung up on my father without saying anything to him when he called to ask for help, but was willing to come over and tell him what to do.

And I'm sure that my Grandfather will push my father out of the way to do everything himself if my father isn't doing it right or fast enough!

I just hope that what I did really wasn't too odd, I guess, since everyone else to me, other than my twin and father, I don't really care about their idea of how my house should look! And I'm sure like my father said, he probably won't come into the house so their was no reason to make it spotless.

Last edited:
similar problem son and grandson here I spent week cleaning this place and still looks like shit tip

My place is relatively tidy, but when I have guests expected I tend to overdo the cleaning -- I'll clean places like the top of the fridge where no-one ever looks. :)

A plumber will be coming by next week to make some minor repairs, so that will spur me to clean the bathroom and kitchen.

My Grandfather was here the day after I had posted, and again this morning to help my father and came in to talk with my Twin and I for about 15-20 Min's when he was done, so I'm happy with myself that I had cleaned the house up so much!

Back
Top Bottom