A new med

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

137Alice

Pillar
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to everybody and just one question.
I guess many of us changed from one med to another.
My new med seems a bit better than Keppra, but there are some side effects that i could gladly do without. My new doc seems a reasonable person, but she thinks i should give it some more time. I have been on this new thing 2 months already.
I've never been able to try new things to so long before and was hoping to get different opinions. Do you think there is a possibility that side effects just go away?

Hi Alice,

I've been on over 10 different meds and the only time I had any problems that didn't go away is when I was on Neurontin and Keppra both of these meds triggered more seizures for me. Give it 2-3 wks. and your body will start to get used to the med. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Do you think there is a possibility that side effects just go away?
When I went on Lamictal it took about three months before some problematic side effects (particularly poor/restless sleep) went away. Everyone is different, but if you can hang in there one more month, you might get some relief. On the other hand, if the side effects are intolerable, let the neuro know you want to switch right now. It's your quality of life that is important.

Merry Christmas to everybody and just one question.
I guess many of us changed from one med to another.
My new med seems a bit better than Keppra, but there are some side effects that i could gladly do without. My new doc seems a reasonable person, but she thinks i should give it some more time. I have been on this new thing 2 months already.
I've never been able to try new things to so long before and was hoping to get different opinions. Do you think there is a possibility that side effects just go away?

what is it

New med

Dear seagull, If u mean what is the new med it is Brivaracetam.

Back
Top Bottom