A Small Announcement To Make..

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Kate

New
Reaction score
Over the last several months I have been dating this guy named Mike. He is absolutely wonderful to me. He's completely understanding of me being sick. As matter a fact, he's met me after I had epilepsy (most people here knew me before and are baffled by it), so it's the only way he knows me, and he loves me the way I am. As matter a fact, he's not bothered by it a bit.

We have fallen deeply in love. Although we have been dealing with a long distance relationship (he's related to a friend of mine, and we met around Thanksgiving when he was up North) he is soon to be moving to where I live.

Last weekend, my friend and I went down to visit him.. and he took my left hand, and told me he had a surprise for me the next time he saw me. And I said "what?" And he goes "a ring!" and I go "what kind of ring?!" (silly me) and he said "the kind you wear on this finger.." and he grabbed my ring finger.

So.. in a few weeks, I will be engaged. = )

I'll make the BIG announcement when it really happens, hehe.

OH, and also.. my family just loves him, and are totally excited, my mom is already looking at wedding things and we're all talking about wedding dates! LOL.

And.. I know I seem young to get married, don't worry, I'm 19 now, but we wouldn't be getting married until I'm 21.= ) He and I are both thinking late September of 2009. Ya'll are comming, right?! hehe.

What exciting news Kate. I am sure you have a smile from ear to ear.

Congratulations! I would like to suggest, that you two go through pre-marital counseling. It really helps. :)

It's a requirement to get married at my church actually, but thank you for that advice. = )

I am so happy for you! I hope he has a suprise planned for when he proposes!

Finally some good news for Kate. :mrt:

Set up a web cast and we'll be there...hehehe!!!!

...that's GREAT NEWS Kate!

Banana dance time!
:banana:

...(oops....forgot the music!)...
:piano:
NOW we're talking!

:rock:

:woot:

Congrats KATE and MIKE

:rose: :star: :rose:

bb4c7ed1.gif

congrats.gif

bb4c7ed1.gif

rosesgrow.gif

bb4c7ed1.gif

:) That's GRAND Kate .....
And 21 is plenty early enough to start a marriage. It's very good that you're waiting that long.

Congratulations Kate

I like your comment "he loves me the way I am" sounds as though you have a real catch!

Back
Top Bottom