A thought...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
When I was 22 I started getting a little tic in my left eye. No one could see it but the tremor often lasted as long as a minute. After they increased to several a day, I saw a doctor that told me it was stress. At 23 they included a little numbness around my eye stretching to my upper lip. At 24 I had my first gran mal. For 10 years no doctor (8 of them) could tell me why I was having - focal motor seizures - the full body unconsciencous seizures were classed as motor seizures, they worked hard to avoid saying epilepsy. I was on 900mg of Dilantin a day and still having focal seizures.

On a completly unrelated issue, I needed hormone replacement therapy. Within 2 months on HRT, the focal seizures stopped breaking through. "I" reduced my dilantin to 700mg. Then 500mg. Then 300mg. Still no seizures. After 6 months, I stopped dilantin. My doc was very upset with me. I have been seizure free for 10 years.

Please, have Stacy checked for hormone levels. There is NO reason for the two to be related. Both my endo and neuro docs were absolutely sure that there was no correlation. It was however the only thing that had changed.

Thanks Tracy, I'll see if I can get Stacy to visit the forum now that she has finished her school semester. She is noticing a difference in her seizures when she takes pregnenolone, so you may be onto something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom