Aha had the last B12 dosing shots

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

QueenieKP

New
Reaction score
Honestly, my energy levels are up and down like the lingerie of a lady of negotiable affection and I feel like I have had more pricks than a ...

Porcupine!

But back at work. Have been missed. The new shiny centre that has been closed for refurb is almost ready to open hoorah!

I hope you feel better from here on out. I know what you mean about energy levels, sometimes I feel completely zonked (by the meds probably).

My kids (work ones) are really pleased to see me looking better and brighter.

Hope your energy levels keep zooming!

Q

Well tonight I have to stay up all night for my sleep-deprived EEG tomorrow morning. So I imagine I will be low energy for the next few days... But we have a long holiday weekend coming up, and that should help.

Meh for sleep deprivation. Hope all goes well with the EEG and that you get plenty of opportunity to rest.

I thought my days of being shived were over, spoke too soon got multiply stung by a kamikaze wasp today and Gods' it hurt like the Dickens. I was singularly unimpressed.

Q

Thanks! The EEG went fine, but it showed I'm still having abnormal brainwaves. This is a bit of a bummer (but not completely unexpected). My seizures have been controlled for over 5 years, but apparently the seizure activity is still bubbling under the surface, just waiting to boil over. If the EEG had been clean I could have tried tapering down a bit on my medication, but it seems too risky under the circumstances...

Did the wasp inject you with B12? :)

Sorry the EEG results still showed some bubbling and all clear would have been grand. Being prepared for the possibility of not getting an all clear at least kept you grounded and you're accepting off it being too risky to taper.

The wasp didn't seem to have a shot, at least it had no antiseptic wipes and rubber glubs.

Today had my CPN and told her was happy to be taken off the books as I am once again a happy camper and she is so amazed at the change in me she is going to insist that her GP referrals have B12 blood tests and all her regular pysch patients check when they last had their routIne bloods done. Does make you wonder if, as a society were far too trigger happy to write a script for an Anti D before checking for a physical cause.

Not dissing Anti D's as they have been a real life saver for me in the past and epilepsy is comorbid for a lot of mental health conditions.

But sometimes what looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and walks like a duck is actually a meerkat!

Q

But sometimes what looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and walks like a duck is actually a meerkat!
LOL!

I definitely agree that anti-depressants are overprescribed (and oversold by the drug companies). Too bad you had to be the guinea pig (or meerkat), but it's great that your doc has learned to look out for B12 deficiencies in any future patients with similar issues.

Lol no that's my community psychiatric nurse that will be on the look out I am sure gp and pyschiatrist will be handing out meds like smarties.

Q

Back
Top Bottom