Allow me ter introduce meself

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

music-ian

New
Reaction score
G'day,

My name's Ian Hunter and I was asked here by a few whom are members here....I apologise in advance for their gross error in judgement.

I'm 40...just...I'm am the only 4th Dan Black Belt in the world, to have Grand Mal epilepsy, survived 3 brain surgeries and have a buggered spine from all the falls in days of yore, now requiring spinal surgery. If interested, have a look at www.walshtkd.com to check this fact out...or simply grab a copy of septembers Australasian Taekwondo mag.

I'm also a muzo. My debut CD being for 3 worthy causes, epilepsy research being one of 'em. In this production I was voc's, drummer, guitarist and bassist....I now have a band and have taken the guitarist's role, as I got asked to do stacks o' gigs both locally (Australia) and internationally. The band is Short Daze...ideal for a bloke with simple partials, right? The website is www.hunter-entertainment.com.au but for now it is down as we make various changes to reflect the band as a whole, not just me as the old fart individual muzo. (To those over 40yrs old, I humbly apologise for this comment....to those under...you'll understand when yer get 'ere).

Okay, for now, I've rambled enough, but will undoubtedly drop back in and gasbag from time ter time. I have a wealth o' knowledge on epilepsy, having had it for bloody years, so if I can be of any help to anyone, please feel free ter holler. My msn's in a profile here somewhere...sorry, bloody useless with computers. Anyway, gotta dash. Tassie gets cold and I gotta break the frost that links the neighbour's cat ter me strawberries....bludger. Catch yer again soon.

Ian H

Welcome Music Ian

We know each other from NSE site. I'm glad you've found this one too.

:hello:

Hi Ian :D I hit 40 over 20 years ago and I've had so surgery too. Glad to meet you.

Hi Ian, welcome to the forum. :hello:

I apologise in advance for their gross error in judgement.

:lol:

DINGO: Oh, wicked, wicked Zoot. Oh, she is a naughty person and she must pay the penalty, and here in Castle Anthrax, we have but one punishment for setting alight the grail-shaped beacon: you must tie her down on a bed and spank her.
GIRLS: A spanking! A spanking!

Oh! you mean like this?
whip.gif

Hi again people,

For those that know me (and some that don't) the studio that got behind my CD (which is on sale here for 3 charities, including epilepsy research), Valley View Studios, has been up for election as studio of the year for Tasmanian Arts.

The studio has gone ahead in leaps 'n' bounds since theat time, having signed some recording deal with major Sydney and Melbourne recording outlets and having played a major part in Grinspoon's latest album.

As such, for those that have been to my website and heard snipets of the music, I am asking if you could vote for them. If they win, it means a huge impact to Tasmanian musicians, including a very reduced recording cost for yours truly's band, Short Daze (great name for a band headed by someone with ep, don't you think) with their e.p. later this year.

If the studio wins it means that their relocation/expansion is very much funded by the government. The owner put countless hours in recording my album at a significant reduction in cost and 372 hrs in the mixing process entirely free of charge.

If you are able, please visit www.arts.tas.gov.au

Click on the "Amplify" link, then once inside, click on "Amplified Awards", then on the "Click Here" button, twice. Fill in some details as requested then scroll down to "Studios" then click on "Valley View" then the "Submit" button. It's that easy.

We are very soon to start filming for Rage and MTV programs, so have been busy as buggery recently.

Please help with this as (if for no other reason), I owe this bloke one and he's had to struggle like blazes to get the studio to its current opration.

Thank you one and all and to the person at 65 years of age who also had brain surgery, I apologise fer the age remarks....suddenly, all is in perspective.

I shall return........

Ian H

Fellow Aussie??

Hi Ian, do I take it that you are from Tassie? I am from Victoria, Australia!!
I had brain surgery last year at St. Vincent's Hospital. All went well & I am nearly off my meds!! maggie28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom