American Epilepsy Outreach Foundation (AEOF)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
FYI - Erin Leyden sent me an email with an announcement for a fundraiser in Chicago:
Dear Friend,

The American Epilepsy Outreach Foundation (AEOF) is hosting their First Annual Wings of Hope Benefit on June 13th in Chicago. Our National Celebrity Spokesperson, Hunter Tylo, from the Bold and the Beautiful, will be presenting the Mickey Tylo Butterfly Award in honor of her late son, Mickey, to one doctor that has gone above and beyond in the field of Epilepsy. Mickey tragically died of a seizure related accident last October, he was only 19. We recently received confirmation that People Magazine will be also be in attendance to cover our story.

Sponsored by Cyberonics, makers of the VNS. Catering by J&L Catering.

Some Silent Auction items include, Signed autographed guitar by Dierks Bentley; Two sets of Dierks Bentley tickets to any of his shows along with a meet and greet; Cross-town Classic, Cubs vs Sox tickets; additional Cubs tickets;$300 Morton Steakhouse Gift Certificate; Wii Game; Stomp Tickets; A Seizure Movement Monitor from EMFIT; Misc. Jewelry; Wine and Cheese Class at Goose Island for 12 people; A Yacht Race on Lake Michigan; Great America Tickets; and much much more over 70 items in all.

Please join us for this inaugural event, it will be truly spectacular.

Please help spread the word, forward it to your friends, and so on, and so on. Together we can change the face of Epilepsy.

Hope to see you there!

Purchase your tickets on line today

Meet Emmett and Learn the Facts about Epilepsy

Sincerely,

Erin Leyden
President and Co-Founder
The American Epilepsy Outreach Foundation
www.epilepsyoutreach.org

Bernard -

I sent this to all board members and staff at our local foundation. I thought that because we are not that far from Chicago, some of these people might like to go.

Thanks Laura, sounds like it's going to be a neat event. :mrt:

Hope it all becomes a
MAJOR BLAST!

:tup:

I use the VNS and it works good for me. I hope this fundraiser turns out good. I have had the VNS for four years now. Before I got the VNS I use to have a seizure several times a day,everday. I had them both day and night. I hope this fundraiser can be helpful to a lot of people.
Hawke

Thanks for your post about this great event taking place in Chicago! We've posted the link to this event on the Illinois Epilepsy Action Network's Facebook and MySpace pages. We hope this helps spread the word!

All the best,

ILEAN

I am from IL and I will be there this summer. Many relatives there.I will get more info before I get out there.

Back
Top Bottom